About the job
Position Summary: The Director of Development at WorldVenture will lead the execution of a comprehensive fundraising plan that engages all programs and activities of development, including but not limited to electronic solicitations, monthly giving, major gifts, legacy giving, grants, and events for the benefit of WorldVenture. The Director of Development will adopt stewardship best practices focused on partner tier moves, retention, and acquisition. They will base their actions on a theology of stewardship relating to engagement, discipling, and cultivating giving partner support so that those who give to WorldVenture feel and know that they are valued, appreciated, and strongly connected to the Gospel Impact of WorldVenture. The Director of Development will report to the Vice President of Partner Ministries and serve on the Partner Ministries Leadership Team.
· Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual giving partner communications calendar ensuring cross department support and collaboration.
· Develop and manage comprehensive multi-year development plans for various segments and portfolios within WorldVenture that will serve as a foundational communication, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for the individuals within them. Execute the plan on a timely basis so WorldVenture giving partners are retained and upgraded.
· Oversee all general giving partner activities, which include leading significant fundraising campaigns, electronic communications, proposals, grant writing, major giving partners, and legacy giving.
· Give leadership to the current Partner Development team. Strategically grow and expand the Partner Development team ensuring ongoing financial support for WorldVenture.
· Arrange for major giving partners and those with a large sphere of influence to interact with WorldVenture’s VP of Partner Ministries, President, and other key ministry leaders at WorldVenture.
· In coordination with others at WorldVenture, plan and execute special events to engage current and prospective giving partners to learn more about WorldVenture.
· Maintain extensive records of giving partner information and interactions in Salesforce to ensure that there can be continuity and collaboration in role.
· Complete periodic reports as required by management that accurately reflect portfolio activity and performance.
· Attend Partner Ministries Team meetings and other training programs as assigned.
· Perform other related duties as required and assigned by the VP of Partner Ministries
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong agreement with WorldVenture's Statement of faith, Advancement Philosophy of Ministry and the Biblical Foundations of Advancement and Fundraising.
· Clear understanding of WorldVenture's mission with the ability to articulate the transformative Gospel Impact that happens because of the generous hearts of WorldVenture giving partners.
· Extensive knowledge of advancement principles and understanding of ECFA fundraising standards.
· Able to build authentic, trusting relationships with giving partners with a servant-leader and collaborative mindset. An ability to empathize with giving partners and clearly communicate the mission of WorldVenture, along with ability to establish genuine, trustworthy relationships.
· Engaging and excellent communicator orally in both public and private settings, as well as in written proposals/materials.
· Extreme discretion, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence.
· Ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office products. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Strong working knowledge of Salesforce and/or other similar donor focused relationship management system.
· Proven commitment to a personal relationship with God and a desire to serve Him in global ministry.
· Christian character that reflects our values as an organization and dedication to WorldVenture’s ministries.
· Affirmation of the doctrinal statement, sexual conduct policy, and child safety policy.
· Demonstrated warmth, empathy, and trustworthiness in relationships.
· Respect for those from nations and cultures other than their own.
· Service-oriented attitude toward others.
· Team player displaying humility and a learner’s attitude.
Education and Formal Training:
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Minimum of seven years of experience as a Director of Development, Major Giving Officer or an evolving and progressive role in fundraising and development.
· CFRE certification preferred, but not required.
· Previous overseas ministry experience preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Activities:
Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
Medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; Flexible Spending Account; long-term disability insurance; and Aflac Insurance offered.
Vacation, sick leave, bereavement, jury duty, and 11 paid holidays.