Senior Pastor at Word of Life Chapel
Halifax, PA 17032
About the job
1) Position Overview:
The successful candidate must be filled with and led by the Holy Spirit to provide Christian leadership at Word of Life Chapel. They must possess the qualities of a teacher, leader, caregiver, and pastor while demonstrating characteristics identified in 1 Timothy 3:1-7. They will rely on the Bible as their guide for leading our congregation. The candidate must show a love for the Lord, which will be proven through loving others, keeping one's eyes pure, maintaining a consistent devotional life, and being committed to stewardship.
· A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ.
· Agreement with Word of Life Chapel’s standard of faith.
· Competent in teaching the Bible and discipleship.
· Adequate skill and education for the position.
· Biblical qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
· Prior experience as a Senior Pastor is preferred but not required.
· Relevant Pastoral Ministries education obtained through a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree.
5) Primary Responsibilities:
· Overall spiritual leadership to Word of Life Chapel.
· Chairs Word of Life Board of Deacons.
· Oversees all established Word of Life worship services.
· Supervises Word of Life Chapel Ministry teams.
· Provides general oversight to paid and unpaid Word of Life personnel.
· Performs additional services including but not limited to weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, pastoral visits to homes/hospitals/other, etc.
· This position is directly accountable to God, Word of Life Chapel Board of Deacons, and the Word of Life Chapel congregation.