Director of Youth Discipleship at Woodside Church
Yardley, Pennsylvania 19067
About the job
Director of Youth Discipleship
Woodside Church in Yardley, PA seeks an innovative, enthusiastic, Christ-centered Director of Youth Discipleship. The mission of this position is to help 5th to 12th graders love God, grow in grace, and share with others. The Director helps young people be disciples of Jesus who make disciples of Jesus. The Director recruits, trains, and supervises ministry leaders and oversees all programming aspects of youth ministries. The Director will get to know and help unchurched young people connect with the congregation. The Director will offer pastoral care to teens and their families and foster a Christ-centered, loving, safe and nurturing environment. The Director is a member of the Woodside staff and reports to the Pastor and the Session.
Spiritual Gifts – The Director will possess the following gifts of the Spirit:
• Administration – the gift of being able to plan, set goals and help God’s people reach those goals – 1 Corinthians 12:28, Romans 12:8
• Leadership – the gift of being able to recruit, train, supervise and deploy God’s people for ministry – Ephesians 4:11-13, Hebrews 13:17
• Shepherding – the gift of reaching out and caring in a spiritual manner for an individual or a group – Ephesians 4:11-13, I Thessalonians 5:12, Acts 20:28
• Teaching – the gift of being able to share knowledge and build up the Body of Christ – I Corinthians 12:28, Romans 12:7
Qualifications and Experience:
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ including daily Scripture reading & prayer
• A commitment to personal, professional, and spiritual growth
• A passion to preach, teach, and share the gospel with young people
• Bachelor’s degree in a major related to Ministry
• Experience teaching, leading and growing Youth Ministry
• An outgoing, enthusiastic, flexible personality and a sense of humor
• A collaborative team spirit in working with pastors, church staff, and leaders
• Self-motivation with strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• A visionary innovator who can implement new ideas and technology
• Ability to develop positive pastoral relationships with youth, families and staff
• Ability to adapt church wide curriculum and mission into the youth ministry programs
Ministries - The Director of Youth Discipleship will oversee:
• Sunday Morning - Offer two classes 5th/6th and 7th/8th.
• Junior High: Wednesday Night Gathering for 5th through 8th Graders – Dinner, Fellowship, Activity, Message and Growth Groups. Coordinate volunteers with Directors of Children’s Ministries.
• Senior High: Thursday Night Gathering for 9th through 12th Grades – Dinner, Fellowship, Worship, Activity, Message and Growth Groups
• Confirmation – Prepare 9th graders and others for the journey of following Jesus (September to February)
• Equip and Train Youth to serve and lead Woodside ministries and missions.
• Organize Special Events for Junior and Senior Highs – Retreats, Lock-Ins, Mission Projects, Confirmation Sunday, Senior Sunday
• Mission Trip – participate and help lead on one of our Summer Mission Trips
• Summer Fellowship – Arrange activities and Growth Groups through the summer
• Sunday Night Higher Ground Worship – Attend the service and collaborate with the Director of Celebration Worship to create a space that is welcoming to new and unchurched people
• Manage day-to-day operations of all Woodside’s youth ministries
• Recruit, train, and supervise ministry leaders and participants
• Communicate frequently with youth and parents and update ministry information and forms on the website
• Foster a safe, caring, and Christ-centered environment for youth
• Provide mentoring, pastoral care and prayer for students, families and leaders
• Create practical ways for youth in each ministry to reach out in mission and to invite their friends to become disciples of Jesus who make disciples of Jesus.
• Preach as scheduled with the pastor
• Develop, improve, and implement the curriculum and programs.
• Collaborate closely with Church staff to integrate the youth ministry into the overall mission of Woodside Church