About the job
Kids Ministry Pastor
Classification: Full-Time – Exempt
[Licensed Minister of the Gospel]
Ministry Area: Next Gen
WESTWOOD’S PURPOSE AND VISION:
We demonstrate God’s love in creative and compelling ways that lead people to know God and grow as disciples that worship, belong, serve and go.
We honor and enjoy God through reaching people with the love of Jesus Christ.
With open hands we gratefully receive from God all he wants to give, believing he gives abundantly, and with open hands we joyfully give it away.
MINISTRY AREA PURPOSE:
The Next Generation Ministry exists to partner with parents to help children and students (birth through college) become followers of Jesus, know they are loved by God, empowered by His Spirit and called to share Jesus with the world around them.
Lead and oversee Kids Ministry (Birth-5th Grade) at Westwood Chanhassen to reach and disciple children and parents.
· Serve as a Pastor at-large of Westwood Community Church participating in, but not limited to, staff meetings, retreats, and all church functions, pastoral care and counsel, teaching, officiating church ordinance as assigned, weddings and funerals
· Participate in the Pastor-on-Call rotation
· Live a life that honors God in heart, actions and relationships, with the goal of becoming more like Him, through servant leadership
· Lead, direct, and supervise the overall ministry to kids and their families:
o With a scope and sequence that addresses numerous learning styles and ages
o To increase the number of families in our program through reach into the community
· Supervise, coach and develop the Kids Ministry staff to achieve the goals and objectives of the ministry
· Oversee the implementation of Orange theory and curriculum for Kids Ministry
· Recruit, train and empower all Kids volunteer teams, in alignment with the Leadership Pathway to execute weekly program and special events
· Coordinate and oversee Child Dedication
· Collaborate with Student Ministry to create and apply a Next Gen strategy: forming a continuous and cross-linked whole that prepares the church’s next generation to follow Jesus.
· Engage lay leadership utilizing the Leadership Pathway structure
· Assist in the development of the annual ministry plan through creation of objectives and budgets, then oversee the responsible stewarding of those resources
· Support the long-term intention to add multisite campuses
· Serve on leadership teams, work groups, and carry out other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor or Sr. Pastor
· Align to and live out the Westwood Staff Culture:
o We Live & Breathe Jesus
o We > Me
o We Are Developers
o We Bring Our Best
o We Are Always Learning
· Reports to Next Gen Pastor.
· Supervises Kids Ministry staff at Westwood Chanhassen campus.
· Oversees ministry area volunteers.
· Works in cooperation with other pastor/director staff.
· Interacts with other staff and congregation.
· Bachelor’s degree (required) and Seminary or Graduate degree appropriate for the role (required or pursuing).
· Minimum three years direct ministry leadership experience in a multiple staff setting (preferred).
· Ability to teach and preach the Word of God effectively.
· Ability to attract, equip, and mobilize volunteers for lay leadership and ministry team participation.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to develop, supervise and coach employees in the ministry area.
· Ability to lead in program design and implementation relevant to ministry area.
· Ability to integrate with the rest of the church ministry.
· Ability to lead through a transformational model.
· Ability to relate to other Westwood staff and church attenders at large.
· Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
· Endorse and support Westwood’s Statement of Faith and traditional orthodox evangelical theology.
· Remain a member in good standing of Westwood Community Church.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1798