About the job
Westside Baptist Church is a 40-year-old church in Murray, KY. We exist to make disciples by helping people know, follow, and serve Jesus here and around the world. Due to increased growth over the last eighteen months, the church is in need of another pastor in order to help faithfully shepherd and lead the church in fulfilling her mission. In short, his desire must be to disciple, equip, assimilate, and lead mission strategy.
Definition & Summary of Position:
The Associate Pastor is a full-time position that will work in a highly collaborative role with the Lead Pastor in providing Spirit-led leadership that engages all generations in our vision and mission. The Associate Pastor will have a strong desire to create systems, lead ministries, and implement structures that will aid the church in fulfilling her mission.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide oversight and leadership of various ministries and their team leaders.
2. Help the Lead Pastor design and implement a process to assimilate new converts, attendees, and members into the life of the church.
3. Assist the Lead Pastor in meeting with potential members, visitors, and current members.
4. Provide leadership, oversight, and training for Sunday school teachers, small group leaders, and discipleship groups.
5. Assist the Lead Pastor in providing vision and oversight to the Acts 1:8 missions team by creating and implementing a mission strategy.
6. Create and implement a strategy to help assess the strengths of our members and then enlist them in service opportunities.
7. Assist the Lead Pastor in leading the church toward a biblical structure of leadership and functionality.
8. Assist the Lead Pastor with budgetary concerns and hopes for the church.
9. Preach on Sunday mornings quarterly or as needed.
10. Other duties assigned by the Lead Pastor.
· Must show evidence of Christian maturity, strength of character, and healthy self-esteem.
· Eagerness to join and become an active member of the ministry team at WBC
· A desire to be highly involved in the lives of those in the church.
· A seminary degree is preferred.
· Previous ministry experience is desirable.
· Must show evidence of leadership qualities necessary for this ministry.
· Must have strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and mentoring skills.
· Must have a strong sense of calling to work in the local church.
· Must enjoy creating and managing systems.
For more detailed information regarding this job OR TO APPLY, please visit our website at https://westsidemurray.org/associate-pastor
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2070