About the job
Email Application to Kaisi Cunningham at [email protected]
Westminster United Methodist Church
Job Description – Director of Youth Ministries
10 hours a week $19.00 an hour
This person will minister to our 6th-12th grades students. We have a small youth group, but our youth are hungry for the word and ready to dive into the Bible. Our goal is for this person to build relationships with the youth, be a support for them, and disciple them into a deeper relationship with Christ. This position would be overseen by the Director of Program Ministries.
· A good understanding of the scriptures
· A good understanding of Wesleyan theology
· A person who can teach on a youth’s level
· A person who can communicate well with parents and youth
· Excellent organizational and planning skills
· A team player who can lead from within
· A working knowledge of current technologies
· Oversees and leads the Youth Sunday School Program
· Sunday mornings in the youth room; organizes and teaches discipleship oriented activities at least twice a month.
· Recruits and helps train volunteers
· Does outreach to students and their families (phone calls, emails, cards, Facebook, etc.)
· Does contact ministry with students (hang out time)
· Attends students’ extra-curricular activities as best you can.
· Plans and implements fun activities along with spiritual growth activities for the youth though out the year, but at least 3-4 each summer.
· Helps with organizing the youth mentoring program
· Helps with Confirmation (every few years we do confirmation)
· Coordinate trips, and we strongly encourage you to attend trips, if your other commitments allow it. This includes mission trips, retreats or camps with the students (compensation adjusted)
· Meets with supervisor regularly.
· Communicates with parents well through meetings, emails and phone calls
· At least 4 hours of work on campus a week (this includes Sunday mornings)
Specifications: This position would be a 10 hour exempt position with an hourly wage of $19.00. Extra compensation will be made for retreats, mission trips and lock ins.
A successful background check will be required as a condition of employment.
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Director of Programming
5801 San Felipe
Houston, TX 77057