Director of Youth and Family Ministry at Westminster Presbyterian Church
About the job
Our vision at Westminster Presbyterian Church (WPC) is "Inviting people to life with Christ, lived together, for the sake of others". For more information about our church and ministries please visit Westminster Presbyterian Church. https://westminstercharlotte.org
The WPC Director of Youth and Family Ministries will cultivate this vision by (including example activities):
· Recruiting, Training and Developing Adult Volunteer leaders to engage in student ministry
Organize a Youth Ministry support team; Integrate youth into the larger church community; Conduct regular meetings of adult volunteers and student leaders for training, encouragement and prayer.
· Cultivating relationships with students and encourage them to grow as followers of Jesus Christ
Disciple young people individually and in groups in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ; Emphasize knowledge of and application of Scripture; Cultivate fellowship among the youth; Provide opportunities for meaningful Christian service in conjunction with the broader WPC community.
· Equipping parents to foster a discipleship culture in their homes
Build Relationships with parents and families; provide spiritual support and counsel; offer growth and educational opportunities focused on culturally relevant understandings and tools
· Contributing as part of the WPC Church Staff
Collaborate with other church leadership teams such as Christian Education, Congregational Care and Missions to integrate with Youth and Families; Work closely with the Director of Children’s Ministry on transition and family integration; Assist in leading Sunday worship on occasion.
A successful candidate for the Director of Youth and Family Ministry position is one who demonstrates:
· A strong, mature and evident personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
· A clear calling and passion to work with youth and their parents/families with creativity and innovative thinking
· Humility and a desire to learn and grow
· Effective leadership and relationship building with students, parents and volunteers
· Credibility with parents in understanding the challenges they face; ability to counsel in times of crisis
· Effectiveness and experience in recruiting, training and equipping volunteer leaders to shepherd students
· Capability to work closely with other church staff and lay leaders to live out the mission and vision of the church
· Excellent multi-channel communication skills: Phone, Email, Social Media, Church Communications, etc.
· Minimum Education Required: College degree
· Ministry Experience: Minimum of 5 years professional experience leading Student Ministry with a clear calling for Family Ministry
· ECO Tenants: Subscribe wholeheartedly to the Essential Tenets of ECO
Supervision: The Director of Youth and Family Ministry reports to the Senior Pastor. This is a full-time position which provides benefits for the successful candidate. Salary will be commensurate with skill and experience level.