About the job
The Community Life Coordinator oversees Sunday Morning First Impressions, and key events and gatherings (such as Starting Point, special services, and men’s/women’s events) that involve people taking next steps in relationship at Westminster. The Community Life Coordinator works through logistics, hospitality elements, and role assignments to help create consistent, compelling experiences for a variety of participants.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
For Sunday Church Services and key Connecting Events, the Community Life Coordinator will…
· Oversee event logistical aspects from start to finish, including planning, purchasing, setup, and tear-down.
· Recruit and Coordinate key volunteer teams, such as greeting and hospitality.
· Speak into the overall look and presentation of large gathering spaces.
· Provide administrative support and room reservations for seasonal events.
· Ensure necessary print and electronic materials are available for use.
· Organize ongoing training for volunteers to grow in needed skills.
· Contribute to information systems and workflows related to gatherings.
Demonstrate a commitment and agree to the Statement of Faith of Westminster Chapel
Attend church regularly at Westminster Chapel
Working knowledge of various programs such as Windows, Microsoft Office, Teams, Planning Center Online
Willing and able to learn various online platforms (Leadr, Calendly, Employee Navigator)
Be able to multi-task and troubleshoot
Strong Organizational Skills
Strong Communication skills
Able to work Sundays and Tuesdays, with adjustments for some Saturday and evening events as needed.
· Demonstrate initiative by anticipating needs and solutions.
· Demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work flow and production situations.
· Communication, cooperation, and assistance are given promptly and in a courteous manner to pastors, co-workers, volunteers, outside contractors, the congregation, and the public.
· A standard of excellence in ministry and accountability will be maintained at all times.