Associate Pastor at West Meadows Baptist Church
About the job
The Associate Pastor will have three primary areas of responsibility: oversight and development of Adult Ministries (75%), Congregational Care (15%), and being the Lead Pastor’s designate in teaching and leadership opportunities (10%). As the staff lead over Adult Ministries, s/he will play a vital role in fulfilling the WMBC vision by developing and maintaining discipling experiences for all adults in our worshipping and surrounding communities; along with being the primary contact for young families and benevolent assistance. At the discretion of the Lead Pastor, the Associate will also be called upon to preach, serve on Board Committees, and/or Ministry Team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as the champion of our adult discipling experiences.
• Provide regular reports to the Lead Pastor concerning the status of our Group ministries, while also identifying successes, problems and solutions.
• Regularly preach during Sunday morning services in support of the Lead Pastor.
• Assist the Lead Pastor in developing and advancing our “Spiritual Engagement Strategy.”
• Oversee the First Impressions Team of the church including Ushers, Greeters, Connection Desk, and Hospitality Teams.
• Regularly serve as the Sunday morning service host and assistant to the Lead Pastor.
• Provide leadership to the Care Ministry, which includes the Prayer Chain, Meal Ministry and Benevolence program.
• Provide pastoral counseling and visitation to WMBC congregation as needed or requested.
• Assist the Lead Pastor and Board in developing an annual church budget.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree with some Bible/theological studies; Masters preferred.
• Past success and present commitment to a team-based, equipping philosophy of ministry (Eph 4:12-13).
• A proven ability to lead/ guide adults to experience personal spiritual growth.
• An ability to clearly communicate and motivate through the preaching and teaching of God’s Word.
• Demonstrate a constructive and positive interpersonal and conflict management skill set.
• Minimum of 40 hours per week.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• A relocation stipend is available for this position.
Please prayerfully submit a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted and provided with a complete job description.
Learn More and Apply at Christian Career Center.