Youth Director at West Covina Christian Church
1100 E CAMERON AVE, West Covina CA 91790-3851
About the job
West Covina Christian Church exists to spread a passion for God so that He is above all else in our lives, church, and community. The church is a multi-ethnic, intergenerational congregation located in the heart of West Covina, California. It has several ministries for discipleship, evangelism, and community service.
The youth ministry seeks to share the love of Jesus to our middle school and high school students by creating a loving, vibrant, Christ-centered environment. The ministry seeks to partner with parents to assist them in their discipleship of their children and to reach out to unchurched youth so that they may come to know Jesus as Savior and Lord.
Youth Ministry Events
- Plan, oversee, and empower others to help with the weekly youth night meeting. This includes setting the agenda, teaching, games, small groups, snacks, etc.
- Organize other youth ministry events (fellowships, evangelism events, retreats, etc.).
Relationship with Youth
- Seek to build strong relationships with the youth. Spend personal time with them.
- Develop discipleship relationships with the youth. Equip volunteers for discipleship.
- Provide support, care, and counseling when needed.
- Develop a youth ministry team of volunteers to support ministry events and relationships with the youth (helpers, small group leaders, etc.).
- This includes recruiting, training, overseeing, and supporting the volunteer leaders.
- Send weekly email to youth and parents about upcoming events and activities.
- Promptly respond to youth, parents, or other members of the church when contacted.
- Build relationships with the parents.
Church and Staff
- Arrive 30 minutes before church on Sunday and stay afterwards for relationship building.
- Be an active participant in the life of the church.
- Meet weekly with Pastor for one-on-one supervision.
- Communicate all activities to Office Administrator for the church calendar.
- Attend weekly staff meeting (Mondays at 10:30—negotiable based on youth director’s schedule and availability)
- Love for God and for youth. Passion to see God work in the lives of young people.
- Strong relational skills.
- Outgoing and flexible approach to ministry.
- Good communicator and able to administrate.
- Ability to recruit, lead, and encourage volunteer leaders.
- Ability to teach the Bible.
West Covina Christian Church
1100 E Cameron Ave
West Covina, California 91790