About the job
The Director of High School Youth Ministry will be a passionate and engaging disciple of Christ with a heart for growing a vibrant youth group and leading youth in Christ-centered relationships.
In their full-time position, this person will be responsible for leading and growing the High School youth group. Responsibilities include:
· Planning and executing High School youth gatherings on Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Tuesday night. Activities include welcoming and connecting with visitors, games, delivering announcements, preparing lessons and small group questions. Preparations also include working with leader volunteers in advance of each gathering.
· Establish meaningful personal relationships with the youth in the congregation and community by investing in their lives outside of “church”. This can include attending lunch at the area schools and attending student’s extracurricular activities such as sporting events, concerts, school plays, and awards ceremonies.
· Planning, organizing, and attending High School trips and retreats.
· Deliberately seeking youth on Sunday mornings to invite to youth group and events.
· Following up with guests so they know they are recognized and welcome
· Praying for and on behalf of High School youth members.
· Providing hands-on opportunities for service projects and mission trips for youth to learn how to live out their faith through meeting the needs of others.
· Creating social media and video content highlighting the church and youth group.
· Being the primary point of contact for students and parents regarding youth group activities, concerns, needs, or emergencies.
· Recruiting, developing, training, and maintaining volunteers. This can include large group leader hangouts, individual meetings, and continued leader development and training.
A successful Youth Director will continually innovate and develop new and exciting ways to perform High School youth ministry while assessing how best to infuse a Christ centered vibrancy into this important ministry.
This position will have the support of our staff and Lead Pastor and will work closely with our Director of Church Operations. Couples interested in working with both High School and Middle School youth groups will also be considered. Compensation is competitive but to be determined.
About West Bowles Community Church
West Bowles Community Church is located in the southwest suburbs of Denver, Colorado. We’re an inter-generational, non-denominational Church seeking to faithfully serve Christ in our community. With a congregation of 500 and an amazing facility, we seek daily to fulfill our mission statement to Connect with Jesus, Connect with Others, and Connect Others with Jesus.