Assistant Worship Director at Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church
Walnut Creek, CA
About the job
Assistant Worship Director
Part-time, Non-Exempt Position
Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church | Walnut Creek, CA | https://www.wcpc.church/
Sunday mornings (Services) | Wednesday evenings (Rehearsal) |Possibly Tuesday afternoon (Worship Arts Meetings) | Flexible other times.
What you do:
In collaboration with the Director of Worship Arts, lead a thriving worship arts ministry that exalts God, equips believers, and engages our friends and neighbors.
How you’ll do it:
- Be an engaging on-stage Worship Leader with strong vocal abilities. Ability to create, sing, and teach vocal harmonies a huge plus.
- Learn to plan and lead worship services within the context of WCPC. WCPC Worship Arts leans fervently into both Memory (the deep roots and practices of historic Christianity) and Imagination (new expressions of the faith that speak to our current time and place).
- Consistently build up our team of artists through Connecting (recruitment/networking), Coaching (training/development), and Caring (hospitality and pastoral care).
- Assist with technical set-up/tear-down of worship spaces, sound equipment in particular.
- Assist with administrative work in a timely and organized manner.
- Be a willing collaborator with interest in creating original content (particularly music)
- Instrumental ability a huge plus but not required
PLEASE tell us of any other ministry passions and abilities (Social media skills, hospitality, volunteer care, administration, etc.)
Who you are:
- You love Jesus, people, and making art
- You love to serve
- You love people by being dependable and organized
Who you’ll work with:
- Direct report: Director Of Worship Arts
- Leads or Co-Leads: Worship volunteers and contractors
- Collaborates with: All WCPC staff as needed.
Where you’ll work:
Walnut Creek Pres is a multi-generational and multi-ethnic church in downtown Walnut Creek that (1) worships in a manner that exalts God, equips believers, and engages our friends and neighbors, (2) loves and disciples adults, students, and children, (3) supports and serves our community and world through evangelism, local and global outreach, including the deacon’s cottage, (4) operates as a healthy organization, caring well for its staff and volunteers, (5) partners with a Christ-centered preschool, and (6) stewards our campus resources, nine apartments, and Foundation toward greater Kingdom Impact in the East Bay. WCPC is aligned with the ECO Presbyterian movement. https://www.wcpc.church/who-are-we/