About the job
We are a thriving and growing church community in Pasadena, CA who exists to see God's kingdom come to our communities through making disciples who live as whole life followers of Jesus. Our Values are:
WORD & SPIRIT // INTIMACY WITH GOD // DEEP COMMUNITY // LOVING MISSION
We are looking for an experienced, Spirit-filled, loving, and organized Youth Pastor to build and nurture our 11-18s ministry. The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for walking alongside young people as they navigate what it means to follow Jesus in C21st LA. They will be able to organize group sessions and be an excellent mentor and supporter to young people.
The successful candidate will be an excellent, fun communicator, who works well with staff, volunteers and young people. They will be a self-starter who plans curriculum, organizes schedules, runs Sunday youth and other events.
- Oversee and grow our 2 Sunday VYouth groups, teaching 3 Sundays per month.
- Start and grow a mid-week Youth Group for churched and unchurched Youth.
- Run socials, trips away and other events.
- Develop our mentoring program for young people.
- Identify, train and manage teams of volunteers.
- Build a curriculum of evangelism and discipleship for youth attending the VYouth program.
- Oversee and develop the dedicated VYouth facilities including resources and equipment.
- Manage an approved VYouth budget keeping accurate records as required.
- Ensure compliance with Child Protection policies including guidelines on ratios, leaders, Health and Safety and criminal background checks.
- Enter data into the Planning Center through Check-in system for youth and volunteers.
- Be a committed follower of Christ with a passion and ability to minister the Gospel to 11-18 year olds.
- Be prayerful and responsive to the leading of the Spirit.
- Be an excellent, fun and creative communicator to young people.
- Be an experienced Youth Pastor with church or para church experience.
- Have a track record of organizing teams of volunteers, ideally in work with young people.
- Be able to plan age appropriate sessions and curriculum which balance fun,
- Biblical teaching and encountering the Holy Spirit.
- Hold a degree level qualification in Youth Ministry or an equivalent youth or theological qualification.
- Be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently and part of the staff team.
- Be organized and IT proficient, working in a timely and flexible manner within the staff team.
- Be available to work 40 hours per week including Sundays and other hours as agreed.
- Willing to lead and participate in other church services, events and ministries as required.
- Be a committed member of Vintage Church Pasadena.
Vintage Church Pasadena
464 E Walnut Avenue
Pasadena, California 91101