About the job
Hours: 40+ hours per week, as made necessary by season and circumstances
Accountability: Lead Pastor
This person will be responsible for leading the worship ministry at Village Church. This includes leading worship in a multicultural setting, directly overseeing worship leaders from diverse cultures, and guiding and directing efforts to create true multiethnic and multicultural worship services.
- Empower and pastor multiple worship teams by integrating a diverse community and overseeing and liaising with different ethnic fellowships
- Lead worship in diverse settings and styles, including, but not limited to, modern worship, choir, as well as multicultural and monocultural services
- Foster an environment that trains and mentors new worship leaders and musicians with a focus on discipleship, including the Village Worship Institute
- Lead and disciple ministry assistants and directors, empowering them to thrive in their specific areas of ministry oversight
- Create and foster a culture of spiritual formation, prayer, and worship across the scope of Village as an institution
- Work with the preaching pastors to coordinate service elements and flow, integrating spiritual direction through the creation of worship experiences
- Lead and guide the “production team” to craft and present worship services, recordings, and experiences
- Lead efforts to design and craft special services, including holidays and other key events in the church calendar.
- Empower and cultivate artistic culture in our community, integrating appropriate expressions of the arts into our worship services
- Communicate and lead worship in multiple languages (English, Korean, and Spanish)
- Oversee the Village Choir, potentially through oversight of a dedicated choir director
- Oversee sound, audio, lighting, and multimedia teams
- A Pastor’s heart. Village is not merely looking for a musician, but someone who will actively pastor our community
- Comfort and familiarity with technology and its application into worship services
- Ability to utilize ProPresenter in the planning and implementation of worship services
- Knowledgeable in multicultural communities and communication
- A clear multicultural understanding and philosophy of worship that will translate to powerful multicultural worship experiences
- Ability to lead musical worship, ideally with ability and experience in one or more instruments traditionally utilized in a worship setting
Outcomes: Fostering of a thriving worship community in a complex multiethnic, multicultural, multigenerational, and multilingual congregation
A pdf version of this job description may be found here.