About the job
Reporting Relationships: Pay Status: Salary
• Primary: Next Gen Pastor
Employment Status: Full-time Average Work Schedule: 40-45 hours/week
Partner with parents to raise up disciples of children for Jesus. Collaborate with Next Gen Pastor to develop and execute strategy to have children surrender to Jesus, connect with Christian community, grow as disciples, and share Jesus with others.
Key Result Area 1
Implement and manage a Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered children’s ministry led by devoted servants.
1. Develop servant leaders who will work together to implement the vision and evaluate the Children’s Ministry.
2. Implement the Children’s Ministry Management Plan, Village Chapel’s strategy, to reach out to children and to raise up children as disciples for Jesus Christ.
3. Create and maintain current ministry position descriptions for leaders, teachers, and servants.
4. Recruit, train, and empower leaders, teachers, and servants for ministry with children, making sure all ministries (nursery through 5th grade) are adequately staffed.
5. Supervise leaders, teachers, and servants empowering them to organize and execute ministry events.
6. Resource, evaluate, and appreciate leaders, teachers, and servants with a focus on meeting annual goals for growth and retention.
7. Evaluate the existing Safe Sanctuary Policy on a regular basis with the Next Gen Pastor and Executive Pastor.
8. Work with leaders throughout Village Chapel to consistently live within the bounds of the Safe Sanctuary Policy.
Key Result Area 2
Execute a model that aligns with the vision, mission, and strategy of Village Chapel that grows LifeGroups, equips children as missionaries to B.L.E.S.S.ONE, and multiplies ministries, children, servants, and groups.
1. Launch/Organize children LifeGroups so they can deepen relationships with one another, fellowship together, welcome and embrace new children, grow as disciples together and experientially learn how to be part of a LifeGroup (i.e. VCKids and Awana).
2. Increase the number of children engaging together in LifeGroups.
3. Multiply groups as more children connect in order to allow space for everyone.
4. Provide opportunities for more children to connect to LifeGroups.
5. Equip LifeGroups to serve together.
6. Equip and empower individual children to share Jesus with peers and family.
7. Advocate and provide opportunities for children to engage in the Church community as a whole through participating in family LifeGroups, serving in the church and in the community, and participating in Saturday/Sunday worship, as well as sharing Jesus with others.
Last Update by RAA on 5/9/23
Key Result Area 3
Disciple children with a comprehensive knowledge of God’s character, Scripture, and the Plan of Salvation so that they can become disciples of Jesus Christ, reaching out to their friends and family in the name of Jesus to raise up disciples.
1. Determine a scope and sequence for children’s discipleship across the spectrum of children’s ministry based on childhood development models for the purpose of spiritually developing children.
2. Collaborate with Next Gen Pastor to determine curriculum based on this scope and sequence.
3. Design and implement multiple Connect opportunities to reach children (e.g. Game Nights, etc.)
4. Utilize the scope and sequence for ministry evaluation.
5. Coordinate with the Missional Community Pastor to equip parents to disciple their children at home.
6. Design and implement a communication strategy to invite children throughout the community and within the church family. Update these communication channels on a regular basis.
7. Design and implement a follow-up strategy to celebrate children and express God’s love to them. Examples may include: first visit, second visit, third visit follow-up contacts; birthday cards; random contacts; “missing you” contacts.
8. Implement and oversee a welcoming registration (check-in/check-out) process.
9. Design ministries (short-term and long-term) with a constant focus on who should be invited (and how) and how to reach into new areas of the community.
10. Challenge on-going ministries to engage the children in a mission project once each quarter (ranging from in-class projects connected to the lesson to “field trips”).
11. Equip leaders to implement special ministry opportunities for the children. Examples may include: Children’s Christmas Play/Musical/Program.
Key Result Area 4
Attend to the administrative responsibilities required to support the children’s ministry and arrange for clear, repetitive communication throughout the church.
1. Provide monthly reports to the Next Gen Pastor and meet at least weekly with the Next Gen Pastor for goal setting, reporting, evaluation, problem solving, and prayer support.
2. Work with the Next Gen Pastor to maintain a current Position Description and Action Plan.
3. Interpret and communicate the vision of children’s ministry throughout Village Chapel.
4. Oversee finances and work with Children Leaders to establish the annual Children’s Ministry Budget for submission to the Finance Team at the end of August.
5. Exemplify servant leadership by actively participating in the staff leadership team.
6. Attend and participate in worship and a LifeGroup.
7. Participate in a peer group with children’s ministry leadership for encouragement and accountability.
Demonstrates a Spirit-filled relationship with Christ and exhibits model Christian behavior in both his/her actions and words.
1. Prefer a degree/training in children’s ministry or related experience.
2. Ability to process information and make independent judgments.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to prioritize responsibilities and needs of others.
5. Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
6. Computer literacy (e-mail; Social Media; Microsoft; web editing, videography preferable).
The above position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
This position falls under the procedures and guidelines of the Village Chapel employee handbook.
30 Circleville Avenue
Ashville, Ohio 43103-1544