About the job
Our mission at Vienna Presbyterian Church(VPC):
A caring fellowship bringing Christ into our diverse community through discipleship and service.
• Establish and develop multiple avenues for intentional outreach to the community
• Develop relationships with community groups to creatively engage them with the Gospel
• Lead, mentor and equip Directors of four VPC Ministries – Preschool, Children’s, Middle/High school and Missions
• Serve as primary support for lay-lead ministries such as the Great Banquet and the Military Ministry
• Work with the Lead Pastor to equip VPC members to lead and participate in individual outreach initiatives
• Potentially offer worship opportunities beyond Sunday mornings to meet the needs of those outside the church who might not normally attend a traditional Sunday morning service
• Participate in worship as liturgist and preacher; lead additional worship services as needed
• Share in providing pastoral care to the congregation as needed
• As part of the pastoral staff team, share in the implementation of the church’s mission.
Position announcement on VPC webpage: https://www.viennapres.org/associate-pastor-outreach/