About the job
>>>click HERE for full job post and to apply<<<
- Weekly Attendance: 900
Location: 4 Campuses in Elyria, Avon Lake, Vermilion, and Lorain, Ohio
The Role: Executive Pastor
Meet Church of the Open Door OH:
In 1949, a group of Christians from Elyria, Ohio gathered in the home of William Porter to discuss a new church that would be open to all people. This led to the formulation of the Church of the Open Door officially beginning in 1950. Later that year, the church called its first pastor, an evangelistic preacher who helped the church grow rapidly. They met in the Grange Hall in Elyria and then the old Kawasaki building on Lowell Street in Elyria, before building their first building in 1968 at the corner of Route 113 and West Ridge Road. In 1971, the church called its second pastor who continued to help the church grow, starting a Christian school in 1976, which grew to become Open Door Christian School, a fully accredited K-12 school. In 1989, the church called their third pastor who served from 1989-2002 and helped the church transition to a grace-based model. In 2003, the church called its fourth pastor who led the church in establishing its mission statement of “Leading People in the Adventure of becoming Like Christ”, began to engage in community service projects and has started 4 satellite campuses, three in the North East Ohio region, and one in the Dominican Republic. The church has always been known for its love for people, its emphasis on Biblical preaching, passionate worship, and warm fellowship.
About the Executive Pastor:
The role of the Executive Pastor (XP) is to cooperate with the Lead Pastor in overseeing the life and direction of the church toward fulfilling the mission of “leading people in the adventure of becoming like Christ.” As such, he must communicate regularly and effectively with the Lead Pastor. He will serve as a “virtual 1st chair” leader in a “2nd chair” role. He will, directly and through others, develop, initiate, coordinate and manage the strategic plans and systems necessary to implement the mission of Open Door and lead to excellence all of the ministerial team and church leaders, achieving the church’s mission for the glory of God.
This will require a firm grasp on the mission, values, and strategy of Open Door, and the ability to develop structures and align staff and key leadership teams with its mission. He will work closely with the Lead Pastor in strategic development and meet with the Strategic Advisory Team to make “big picture” decisions and implement strategic planning for the church. He will assume the primary management and oversight duties with the professional staff and be a culture champion for excellence, team, disciple-making, and creativity while working hard and having fun. The XP will offer pastoral care to Open Door alongside the other pastors, and as an extension of, the Lead Pastor. The XP will ensure that the systems, practices, and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its mission and will manage progress in light of strategic goals and objectives.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with a preference of higher-level ministry and/or management degree (i.e. M. Div. or MBA).
- Certificate in project management (PMP) and/or StratOp.
- 5+ years of experience in multi-site ministry.
- Previous experience as a Lead or Executive Pastor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong biblical and theological foundation for wise management in a church setting. Able to establish and maintain appropriate standards for the accomplishment of ministry in a way that honors both God and people.
- Should possess spiritual gifts in the areas of leadership and/or administration and be seeking to develop those and other spiritual gifts to their fullest potential.
- Must demonstrate very strong organization and project management skills.
- A proven leader and strategic thinker who will guide the pastoral staff in implementing the vision, and mobilize administrative support to maintain and advance the ministry of Open Door. The XP must understand group dynamics and ensure effective consensus-building and decision-making.
- Maintain open communication with, and demonstrate loyalty to and support of Lead Pastor while exercising strength of personality, perspective, and opinions in cooperating with the Lead Pastor in the leadership of the church’s mission.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – ability to listen empathically, articulate clearly, and initiate communication appropriately. Must be able to communicate persuasively and compassionately both orally and in writing.
- Ability to lead positively and graciously in conflict management.
- Proven fiscal responsibility - Must be competent in the review of budget reports and be able to spot and correct errors in reporting.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- A sound, proven biblical character in accordance with 1 Timothy 3.
- Loves the mission of Open Door and relentlessly executes it.
- Capable virtual first chair while embracing the role of second chair.
- Chemistry with Lead Pastor.
- High EQ.
- A strong leader.
- A heart for ministry.
- Personable with strong communication skills.
- A servant attitude.
- Ability to adapt to and initiate change.
>>>Click HERE for full post and to apply<<<