About the job
Our current lead pastor of 20 years is looking to retire in the near future and we are looking for a pastor who can work into this position over the time-frame of 6 months to 2 years.
What are we looking for:
- A man who has been called and equipped by God to serve as the lead pastor of VCC.
- Unified with the teachings and heart of VCC and agrees to our Constitution and Bylaws.
- Has vision and creativity.
- A man who has a good reputation as a servant leader and communicates well.
Non-compromising on Biblical doctrines but not legalistic, who genuinely loves people and can lead and work well with teams.
- Someone who has worked for at least 5 years in the ministry, preferably in his mid-30’s to 40’s. We understand that God equips who He calls, so we don’t require formal education however, formal education can be a plus.
- Willing to come in on a probationary basis for ninety days to evaluate fit and rapport with the ministry and team of VCC, and our desert community; and is willing to serve as an associate pastor being discipled under our current lead pastor and executive pastor until the time is right to take the ministry lead.
- Is educated on and can apply the Word of God to current affairs of our city, state, country, and world.
- Has a strong home life.
- As a small church, the following is a plus: Experience in administration, business, finance, building maintenance, technology, marketing, computer, mechanical, and/or construction skills