About the job
We are looking to hire an Interim College Director who has a passion for reaching out to young adults and a vision to influence people for Christ. He/she would be in charge of Agape, the college ministry of University Presbyterian Church, for the 2022/23 academic year.
The Director would have a heart to evangelize and disciple students into a relationship with Christ. He/she would meet with students in-person, one-on-one and in group settings. He/she would help them grow as a healthy member in the church body. The Director should have experience in a campus ministry (ie. Inter-Varsity, Campus Crusade, a church’s college ministry, etc.) and be able to lead a team of student leaders.
About University Presbyterian Church
University Presbyterian Church (UPC) was founded in 1991 to reach out to the UCLA community and has grown to be a transgenerational church serving West Los Angeles. UPC is made up of undergrads, graduate students, staff and faculty, international students, young working adults, married couples, families with children. The church is reformed, holding to Presbyterian traditions; and is charismatic, open to the prophetic work and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
For more details about the church, please visit our website (www.upcla.org), which shares the church’s vision and history.
Qualifications & Position Requirements
- Exhibits a growing relationship with Christ, consistent devotional life, love for the church, healthy personal boundaries and open to the work of the Holy Spirit
- Has a humble and teachable spirit and a willingness to work with senior pastor, staff, and volunteers
- A self-motivated and organized leader, capable of managing self and others
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- Leadership experience in a campus ministry
College Ministry Responsibilities
- Weekly responsibilities: leading large group meeting, coordinating small groups, meeting with students, working with student leadership team
- Other responsibilities: organizing outreach, running Agape’s Instagram, coordinating special events for Agape (ie. fellowship events, service projects, etc.)
Other Church Responsibilities
- attend Sunday services at UPC
- attend staff meetings on a bi-weekly basis and monthly leadership meetings
- be a part of the life of the church
Hours and Compensation
- 15 hours/week
- Stipend: $1,350 per month
- CV, Statement of Faith (1 page), Personal testimony (1 page)
- Three references (one must be a previous pastor and one must be a ministry colleague)
Please submit your application to Rev. Soon Chung, firstname.lastname@example.org