About the job
Co-Lead Pastor of Community Life & Worship
Background: A year of strategic reflection led us to a clear and fresh purpose: UCC Medfield exists to Love Like Jesus. In addition, we have transitioned from a Senior Pastor and Associate Pastor leadership model to a shared leadership model with two Co-Lead Pastors. Both Lead Pastors will cast vision and direction across all ministry areas, while each Lead Pastor will be primarily responsible for two of our four ministry departments – one for Community Life and Worship (Open Position) and the other for Missions and Education (filled position). Additional information is available on our website at https://www.uccmedfield.org/pastoralsearch.html
• Lead, inspire, and help grow UCC Medfield and guide the congregation to deepen their faith and their relationship with God.
• Work in close collaboration with the Lead Pastor of Education and Missions to lead and further the overall mission and purpose of UCC Medfield.
• Lead and provide vision and inspiration to all aspects of our Worship Ministry. Lead Sunday Worship and special services, develop and deliver sermons. Work closely with the Director of Worship Arts (who reports into this role) to create meaningful, inspiring and engaging worship services and incorporate related music, artistic, visual and digital elements This includes in person and digital worship delivery.
• Lead and provide vision and direction to all aspects of our Community Life Ministry. Grow the church through community outreach and creative ways to engage visitors. Lead the existing life group program and look for ways to expand it (ex., bible studies, community groups, women’s ministry). This includes the implementation and communication methods for life group programs and evaluation of these programs.
• Provide pastoral care for members of the congregation, support individuals as they need
assistance for their spiritual, mental, physical or financial well-being.
• Participate in Church governance, including the Church Board, Administration & Operations, and Human Resources. Work closely with the Deacon Team ministry. Co-Supervise the Church Manager.
Additional information about this position is available on our website.