About the job
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide pastoral, spiritual and case management oversight for the Christian Life Discipleship Program within Union Rescue Mission.
CORE WORK PRINCIPLE: Colossians 3:23 is the foundation of URM’s standard for employment, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for people”. The goal for each employee is to enrich and sustain a humble heart attitude; to enrich and sustain a mindset of serving others, treating them with kindness and truth; and to enrich and sustain a zealous desire for achieving work objectives without any ulterior motives or agendas.
- Prepare and teach Bible Studies, devotions, and life skills classes for residents, clients and guests as needed.
- Preach and teach in weekly Chapel gatherings at all of our facilities.
- Attend and lead weekly ministry meetings.
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions as needed and/or requested.
- Create Individualized Service Plans (ISP’s) for assigned caseload.
- Maintain timely thorough case notes in Spero to aid in the overall support for residents.
- Assist the ministry support team with conducting regular meetings geared toward transformation and training.
- Responsible for timely crisis intervention and decision making that impacts the overall functioning of the residents and guests within our program(s).
- Serve as an advocate and mediator with all work therapy departments for assigned caseload.
- Serve as liaison for professional services provided at URM as needed.
- Conduct staff trainings on spiritual matters and cultural competencies as needed.
- Provide leadership while engaging in critical incidents with staff, residents, clients and guests in applying program policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with ministry interns, volunteers and partners.
- Help URM with pastoral oversight by conducting potential employee faith screenings that speak into our core values and statement of faith.
- Promote Christian virtues in all relationships throughout the Mission as described in Matt. 7:12, Ephesians 4:2-3, & Phil. 2:3-8. Teach and influence guests (Titus 2:2-8) to love in one accord for Christ and His kingdom (1Cor. 13:1-7).
- Carry other tasks and projects as assigned by the Director of Ministry.
Encourage guests of faith and growth in Jesus Christ.
Commitment to URM mission, vision, and core values.