About the job
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH
Union Church is a friendly, inter-denominational, English speaking, multi-cultural church, founded in Scottish Presbyterian roots, in Hong Kong in 1844. Our church is located in a dynamic international city with many opportunities at our door-step. Our mission is “making mature followers in all nations for Jesus Christ through our united lifestyle, witness and mission”. We are unique in that we offer both traditional and contemporary worship services. You can find out more at https://www.unionchurchhk.org/. You may also view our normal Sunday worship services online.
We are seeking a capable passionate servant-hearted Youth Director to lead our vibrant and dynamic youth -both junior and senior high and to become part of the Union Church staff team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Engage, disciple and build relationships with youth both in the congregation and in our city
· Work with volunteer youth leaders at Union and connect with other youth leaders in the city
· A missional heart and calling for youth and ministry
· Facilitate youth missions’ trips both local and oversees
· Vibrant mature Christian Faith
· Relational with a pastor’s heart
· Theologically trained -Bachelor or Master’s degree in related field preferred
· Calling to youth ministry
· Team player with effective communication skills
· Some experience preferred
HOW to APPLY:
Please apply, with a covering letter and your CV, to HR@unionchurchhk.org with “Director of Youth” as the subject. We offer a competitive package to the right candidate which includes medical insurance and relocation where needed.