About the job
DIRECTOR OF CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP (PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME)
Union Church Hong Kong is a friendly, English-speaking and interdenominational church in Hong Kong with a vision to build a home in Christ to seek, love and serve God and our neighbours. We look back and embrace our calling as a missional church 175+ years ago, while reaching out today to a city in need of hope through faith in Jesus. Hong Kong and Union Church are in an exciting season. We are preparing to move into larger, new premises on Kennedy Road on Hong Kong Island later in 2023. Possibilities abound - new ministries, expanding services to Hong Kong and the world, opportunities for all to pursue God-inspired passions for His Kingdom.
Union Church is unique in that it offers both contemporary and traditional worship services.
Our Director of Contemporary Worship will discover passionate volunteer worship teams with whom to collaborate to plan and deliver contemporary worship during the 11:15 Sunday service and other worship events eg Worship Jam, rehearsals and special productions. The successful candidate will creatively nurture leaders, instrumentalists, and singers to elevate contemporary worship, and attract newcomers to Worship teams.
Learn more about Union Church Hong Kong at www.unionchurchhk.org, and watch our 11:15am Contemporary Worship services on our YouTube channel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Planning and leading Sunday’s contemporary worship service
· Modeling and leading heartfelt worship – that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to God.
· Recruiting, equipping, organising, building up and training the musicians and worship leaders within the church to serve the congregation as a worship ministry team.
· Leading rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (a) preparation for Sunday services and (b) cultivation of a Christ-centered community.
· Serving as a member of the worship ministry team at Union Church.
· Working alongside the AV/Production team, and the strong volunteer base of worship leaders, instrumentalists, and pianists.
· Working with the youth to form a youth band.
· Cultivating a worship community of singers and instrumentalists and pastorally care for the team.
· Assisting live streaming church services and digital recording.
· Assisting, participating, and collaborating with special productions and events including music selection and other creative elements, construction and implementation.
· Work alongside the Senior Pastor to create dynamic worship services.
· Vibrant mature Christian Faith
· College or university degree in music, church music or related field of study, or comparable work experience,
· Sound theological training,
· Proven experience building and leading church worship teams,
· Proficiency with ProPresenter,
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
· Servant-Leader, and
· Passionate about worship
HOW to APPLY:
Please apply, with a covering letter and your CV, to [email protected] with “Director of Digital Ministry” as the subject. We offer a competitive package to the right candidate which includes medical insurance and relocation where needed.
18/F, Dah Sing Financial Centre, 248 Queen's Rd E, Wan Chai
Hong Kong, International 000000