Interim or Permanent Youth Minister/Pastor at Tucson Chinese Christian Church
Tucson, AZ 85705
About the job
Interim/Permanent Youth Minister/Bible teachers/Interns (could be a team of two or three). Starting January 2021. Due to COVID-19, this position will be entirely virtual and candidates from outside of Tucson are encouraged to apply!
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Working with and supporting the Elder-Deacon-Board in order to promote and sustain the mission of the church, Responsible for TCCC Youth/English ministries. Dedicated to the growth of TCCC as a church that is holy, rooted in God’s Word and built on prayer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Plan/deliver messages on a weekly basis (including both Sunday and Friday).
• Responsible for all youth/English (grade 7 to college graduates and young professionals) activities and delegate appropriately when necessary.
• Develop/lead a consistent team of co-workers who support and nurture English/Youth. • Plan and oversee the English Sunday School/Fellowship meetings weekly (including both Sunday and Friday), and delegate appropriately when necessary.
• Promote/lead corporate prayer within the Youth/English congregation, establishing a culture/pattern of dependence on God through prayer in church activities.
• Engage with Youth/English congregation where possible to cultivate relationships with entire church and community.
• Provide competent, compassionate, and ethically sound pastoral care by contacting members who are physically, spiritually, or emotionally unwell and visiting upon request.
• Demonstrate fiscal responsibility by appropriate use of church funds appropriated by the Board of Executive Committee.