Pastoral Assistant at Trinity Presbyterian Church
About the job
Trinity Presbyterian Church (PCA) (Providence, RI) – Pastoral Assistant
The Big Picture
Trinity Presbyterian Church (trinitypresri.org) is seeking a part-time Pastoral Assistant to focus on College Ministry, Discipleship, Outreach, and a variety of other pastoral opportunities.
A vibrant and diverse community of Christians serving Providence. A congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America, it is Trinity’s privilege to offer the hope and encouragement that can be found only in Jesus Christ.
Demonstrated Christian character.
Relevant experience in local church ministry.
Must be outgoing and a self-starter.
Ability to work harmoniously with Trinity’s leadership.
An ability to affirm the doctrines of the church as described in the Westminster Confession of Faith.
25 hours per week.
Two weeks of paid vacation per year.
$30,000 per year.
The pastoral assistant shall become a member of Trinity.
The pastoral assistant shall work under the supervision of the senior pastor. Position to start as soon as possible.
Areas of Responsibility
- Supervise Trinity’s participation in the regular gatherings of college students from Brown, RISD, and Johnson & Wales.
- Work to connect college students with the communal life of Trinity.
- Work to augment and promote participation in Trinity’s network of community groups.
- Supervise and expand Trinity’s ministry to its children and youth.
- Develop and implement ways of making Trinity more visible to the community and reaching the community with the gospel.
- Encourage Trinity members in being more active in sharing their faith.
- Develop a thoughtful and robust process for incorporating people into the life of the church, from first visit to membership.
- Occasionally lead worship.
- Be available to accompany elders on shepherding visits.
- Carry out occasional special assignments from the senior pastor.