Worship and Arts Pastor/Director (Part-Time) at Trinity Church of the Nazarene
2804 Fullerton Road, Rowland Heights, CA 91748.
About the job
Contact us for a complete recruiting package.
Description: The role of the Worship and Arts Pastor is to equip, empower and shepherd our musicians, creatives, and artists. Under the direction of the Lead Pastor and alongside the worship design team, provide guidance and support to the worship planning process. Create rich theological liturgical expressions that evoke the eschatological beauty of God’s Kingdom. The ultimate goal is to support the vision of our church through the worship experience.
In the context of Trinity, this will also include developing an intercultural worship experience and collaborating with the other language ministries to reflect our desire to learn and share from different cultures regarding worship, theology, and the arts. Finally, the Worship and Arts Pastor is a team player passionate about ministering and serving in a multicultural context.
Report to: Lead Pastor
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Invests time and energy in their spiritual formation as a disciple of Jesus, enthusiastic participation in the church’s life, and empowered by the Holy Spirit to grow in Christlikeness (Manual Church of the Nazarene – Paragraph 10.1).
- Models humility, discipline, professionalism, hospitality, patience, and cooperativeness.
- Possesses excellent people skills; able to relate to people of all ages, cultures, and backgrounds. Able to resolve conflict with diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact.
- Must be highly organized, able to handle multiple projects, has superior follow-through.
- Takes the initiative; able to work with minimum supervision.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in critical technological tools in the context of worship planning.
- Timely attendance with the ability to vary schedule when needed.
- Prepares and leads the English weekend worship service alongside the worship team under the vision of the Lead Pastor.
- Maintaining a communication loop between worship arts leaders, people in the congregation called to serve during the services, and the pastors.
- Creates a space through the Arts where our congregation is ushered before the throne of God in worship (Revelation 4).
- Facilitates unity and collaboration among English, Spanish, and Chinese worship teams.
- Identifies spiritual and artistic gifts within our community.
Develops, equips, and empowers leaders to worship authentically and grow in their artistic craft.
a. Meeting with them regularly and consistently for accountability, networking, planning, and implementation.
b. Offering small group opportunities around worship, theology, and the arts.
- Continues to expand theological formation and grow an appreciation for the arts.
- Meets the technological, training, and support needs of our current ministries.
- Monitors and maintains all audio/visual equipment; recommends upgrades and maintenance to maximize performance and utilization of the ministry resources.
- Manages budget for all media needs, including presenting efficient ways to maximize spending.
- Assists Lead Pastor in the Ministry of the Word
- Ready to serve on Sundays during the English worship gatherings
- Maintain our church’s digital presence (e.g., social media) and help recruit and shepherd volunteers to aid/train in these responsibilities.