Community Life Pastor at Trinity Church
New Canaan, CT 06840
About the job
Reports to: Associate Pastor - New Canaan | Darien
Supervises: NC | D Ministry Coordinator
Works closely with: NC | D team (including Worship Pastor, TK & TY staff) as well as Community Life Pastors at other Trinity locations
Status: Full Time, Sunday-Thursday
Trinity Church is a growing multi-site church in Fairfield County, Connecticut & Westchester County, New York (in the greater New York City area). We are excited for what God is doing in the Northeast and are looking for a special person to join us in bringing the Good News to this area. We are excited to see the Kingdom grow as we look toward the future.
The Community Life Pastor - New Canaan | Darien (NC | D) oversees care, connection, groups, and community-building for the congregation at the NC | D location, and participates in pastoral leadership during Sunday morning services. This person works closely with the location pastor, and serves as a shepherd and discipler of the local congregation.
CONNECTION & COMMUNITY:
The Community Life Pastor helps newcomers and participants find community and grow in meaningful relationships through means that include but are not limited to:
- Developing clear pathways for engagement, including newcomer and community events
- Overseeing the Ministry Coordinator, who manages volunteer First Impressions teams and other Sunday volunteer roles
- Personally engaging with guests and congregants
The Community Life Pastor helps congregants grow in their apprenticeship to Jesus through means that include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that all attendees have the opportunity to experience spiritual growth and committed community in the context of groups
- Overseeing small groups, including development of group leaders and curricula
The Community Life Pastor oversees care for our community through means that include but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing strategies to celebrate with and care for our church family
- Developing and managing strategies to walk with individuals and families through significant life events such as illness and hospitalizations, loss of loved ones, births and adoptions, and unexpected hardships
OTHER PASTORAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Community Life Pastor serves in various capacities as a member of the pastoral staff, including but not limited to:
- Assisting in Sunday worship services as needed
- Serving in the rotation of pastors on call
A Trinity Pastor will:
- Have a heart for revival in the Metro New York area, and be committed to ministry that is inspired, empowered, and led by the Holy Spirit.
- Exemplify a life of apprenticeship to Jesus and a strong desire for the presence of God.
- Inspire the congregation toward living in “The Way of Jesus” in their real lives, both through deep community/congregation engagement and dynamic and biblical teaching/preaching.
- Fully embrace the pillars, vision, and values of Trinity Church.
- Remain committed to biblical orthodoxy while operating within a “centered set” congregation.
- Lead with humility, continually seeking the team/organization “win” above personal recognition.
- Invest relationally in fellow Trinity staff.
- Exercise social responsibility, strategic thinking, and flexibility.
- Pursue spiritual and professional development that furthers pastoral skillset and vision for the role.
Skills & Experience:
- Is a proven leader and team-builder
- Is able to relate well with congregation, staff, volunteer teams, and members of the wider community
- Has high initiative in researching and finding solutions
- Has flexibility to plan and work on multiple projects simultaneously, and can effectively manage time and prioritize workload
- Has positive interpersonal and influence skills
- Possesses an entrepreneurial ability, always thinking about and creating ways for greater impact and reaching more people
- Is able to translate “big picture” thinking and principles into “on the ground” execution with excellence
- Is able to work in an interconnected, collaborative team environment
- Is capable of rallying and mobilizing individuals towards a cause
- Committed to healthy rhythms of life, including rest and Sabbath
- Committed to personal financial generosity toward the Kingdom of God
- Has a willingness to maximize personal capacity for growth
- If married, has a supportive spouse who understands and affirms the mission of Trinity Church and the nature of this pastoral role, including the non-traditional work hours and seasonal ministry rhythms
- Displays a high level of emotional and relational intelligence
- Is a “player-coach” who can call potential out of others
5 River Rd
Cos Cob, Connecticut 06807