Associate Pastor / Location Pastor at Trinity Church
Cos Cob, CT 06854
About the job
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Works Closely With: Executive Pastor, Lead-Pastor Westchester, Darien Ministry Staff
Status: Full Time
Trinity Church is a growing multi-site church in Fairfield County, Connecticut & Westchester County, New York (in the greater New York City area). Our passion is to see the love of Jesus at the center of each life, at the heart of every community and as the source of all our actions. We are excited for what God is doing in the Northeast and are looking for a special person to join us in bringing the Good News to this area. We are excited to see the Kingdom grow as we look towards the future.
This role will provide pastoral support for the congregation and staff at the Darien, CT location, including Sunday services, and community-building. Following a season of culture learning and development (timeline TBD based on experience), our hope would be that this person would eventually grow into the role of Lead Pastor for the Darien location.
This man or woman incarnates the Trinity DNA + Ethos (What we do and the way we do things) into the local context of the Darien congregation. He or she will shepherd, unify, and fervently desire to “release the genius within the body of Christ” in this congregation. In addition to the Darien location responsibilities, the Pastor will also serve in a churchwide departmental role to be determined based on experience and strategic fit.
Lead, care for, and shepherd the Trinity Darien community toward Trinity’s mission, vision, and values. Ultimately, this must be fueled by a relentless desire that it would be “In Darien as it is in Heaven”
- Hold overall responsibility for smooth running and mission-alignment of Sunday services in Darien, including dimensions unique to being a portable church.
- Work with the preaching team and Darien team to plan weekly services.
- Be the primary “host” for Darien services (Prayers, Announcements, Communion, Special Elements etc.).
- Be part of the preaching team rotation, frequency TBD.
- Set tone and vision with staff, tech and volunteers for the morning each Sunday.
- Proactively spend regular time meeting with congregants.
- Ensure (within reason) availability to congregants for 1:1 meetings
- Lead and organize outreach events and social/community activities for your location.
- Attend Newcomer events, and follow-up with new guests.
- Lead and oversee the location staff team and work with them to build teams of ministry volunteers who will carry out the ministry of the church to impact the entire community.
Community / Other
- Responsible for Darien-related budget items (in coordination with Executive Pastor)
- Be a key relationship holder with the Darien venue administration supporting the
- Executive Pastor in their oversight of this rented facility.
- Seek to creatively foster and communicate about “generosity” in Darien congregation.
- In collaboration with the Executive Pastor, prayerfully and creatively pursue alternate venues for Darien congregation.
A “Trinity Pastor” will:
- Have a heart for “revival” in the Metro New York area, committed to ministry that is inspired, empowered, and led by the Holy Spirit.
- Exemplify a life of apprenticeship to Jesus & a strong desire for the presence of God
- Is comfortable and familiar with expressive worship styles, as well as the expression and use of supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Inspire the congregation toward living in “The Way of Jesus” in their real lives; both through deep community/congregation engagement and dynamic and biblical teaching/preaching.
- Fully embrace the statement of faith, mission, vision, values and pillars of Trinity Church
- Remain committed to biblical orthodoxy while operating within a “centered set” congregation.
- Lead with humility, continually seeking the team/organization “win” above personal recognition.
- Invest relationally in fellow Trinity staff
Exercise social responsibility, strategic thinking and flexibility
Skills & Experience:
- Experience leading people and building teams
- Must be able to relate well with congregation, staff, volunteer teams, and members of the wider community
- High Initiative – researching and finding solutions
- Flexibility to plan and work on multiple projects simultaneously; effectively manage time and prioritize workload
- Positive interpersonal and influence skills
- Possesses an entrepreneurial ability, always thinking about and creating ways for greater impact and reaching more people.
- Ability to translate “big picture” thinking and principles into “on the ground” execution with excellence; especially in relation to the Sunday worship experience.
- Ability to work in an interconnected, collaborative team environment.
- Capability to rally and mobilize individuals towards a cause.
- Has either formal theological education or significant informal theological formation.
- Committed to healthy rhythms of life, including rest and Sabbath.
- Committed to personal financial generosity toward the Kingdom of God
- A willingness to maximize personal capacity for growth.
- If married; a supportive spouse who understands and affirms the mission of Trinity Church and the nature of this pastoral role, including the non-traditional work hours and seasonal ministry rhythms.
- Displays a high level of emotional and relational intelligence.
- A ‘player-coach’ who can call potential out of others.