About the job
· Develop and implement a ministry that will encourage and equip the spiritual formation of Junior High & High School students and their families, connecting them to Worship and the larger congregational life.
· Provide ministerial leadership and organizational oversight of weekly youth group programming that is welcoming and nurtures faith formation.
· Build community within the youth group by establishing Life Groups, camps, retreats, and fellowship events.
· Encourage and equip youth to develop leadership as they serve and lead within the church and community (Ex: midweek children’s program, VBS, TPC Mission partnerships, outreach, and community events).
· Develop relationships with local schools becoming familiar with the needs of the youth and families in our community.
· Provide hands on mission trip opportunities where students can compassionately serve as they live out their faith responding to the needs of others.
· Recruit, develop and train adult volunteers to utilize their gifts as advisors, Life group leaders, teachers, and ministry partners. Provide support, supplies and lessons as needed.
· Build intentional relationships with youth and parents as we partner in encouraging and supporting families in building active relationships with Christ.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· A follower and disciple of Jesus Christ, spiritually mature with a desire to continually learn and grow.
· Strong technology, communication, leadership and Biblically based teaching skills.
· Energetic, ability to motivate others.
· Comfortable meeting new people, excellent interpersonal skills with students and adults.
· Theological alignment in the Reformed tradition and a commitment to leading youth and families in the mission of TPC.