About the job
The Children’s Director is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children ages birth through 6th grade to ensure successful and constantly improving weekend children’s services and periodic special events.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers in the operation of a children’s ministry, including weekend services, Wednesday nights, and periodic special events.
- Implement children’s registration, classroom management, and security policies/practices in support of weekend services and periodic special events.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff children’s ministry classrooms and special events.
- Direct the church’s annual Timber Kids Camp (TKC), a yearly experience for children, including Bible teaching, singing, dancing, and fun activities.
- Direct Camp Timber, a yearly program designed to disciple and prepare 6th grade students for intergenerational ministry.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities.
- Create a continued education and self-development plan for the calendar year.
- Manage financial needs and expenses to ensure compliance with the ministry’s annual budget.
- Display an enthusiastic presence as the primary teacher for children’s programming.
Education and Experience:
- This position requires previous experience (staff or residency) in a children’s ministry leadership capacity, preferably in a larger program of 100+ kids.
- Possession of an B.A. or B.S. is required.
- The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, a passion for teaching children about God, and the ability to administrate as a department head.
- Familiarity with Gospel Project kid’s curriculum is an added bonus.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $45-$50k. Benefits will include medical, dental, and vision paid at 100% for employee and family, a monthly cell phone reimbursement, and retirement matching.