Pastor of Family & Youth Ministry at Third Church
Lynden, WA 98264
About the job
Third Church – Lynden, WA
Vision: Third Church is a family of faith continually renewed by the gospel to love God, each other, our neighbors, and the world. Love renews.
Pastor of Family & Youth Ministries
The Pastor of Family & Youth Ministry will work to implement Third Church’s vision to be a family of faith continually renewed by the Gospel to love God, each other, our neighbors and the world using a Family Based Model of Youth Ministry. They will partner with parents and the Third Church faith family to help our young people grow in the gospel and participate in the life of the church.
Provide leadership & oversight for Third Church’s Junior High, High School and Young Adult youth programs. Minister to Third Church’s families and young people through one on one interactions and through preaching. Encourage youth participation in the life of the church. Recruit and equip a team of volunteers who feel called to minister to our young people.
- Chair the Family Ministry Support Team—a team of 4-5 dedicated volunteers who help in the administration and oversight of Third Church’s youth programs.
- Build relationships with junior high, high school and college students and their families.
- Plan and lead Third Church’s junior high, high school and young adult gatherings.
- Meet with the senior pastor regularly for communication and collaboration.
- Preach on Sunday morning 6 - 12 times per year according to the schedule created by the senior pastor and approved by the elders.
- Collaborate with the senior pastor to teach high school Sunday School.
- Oversee our youth programs, and supervise our children’s ministry director.
- There should be at least one volunteer for every 5 students (Age 0-18) in our church.
- Create a platform for mentorships and oversee the process for students who want to become members of the church through Profession of Faith.
- Create opportunities for students to participate in the life of the church.
- Create and encourage congregational buy-in into the youth ministry by implementing 2-3 inter-generational events annually. These events should provide natural connection points between youth and adults of Third Church while developing a pool of potential future mentors and new volunteers. (2 hrs/wk avg)
- Create and implement a communication and celebration platform that keeps youth, parents and the congregation well-informed about how God is working within the youth and youth ministry.
Reports to the Senior Pastor and is ultimately accountable to our elders.
- A sincere love for and commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as demonstrated in his daily walk, and deep understanding of the gospel as the power unto salvation.
- Male with an M.Div. or equivalent theological degree for ordination in the CRCNA
- Subscribes to the CRCNA’s doctrinal standards (note: agrees with infant baptism)
- A creative self-starter who is passionate about the gospel and sharing it with young people.
- Solid administrative, leadership, communication, and training skills.
- Salary - $42,240.00
- Housing (estimate) - $23,712.00
- Total Salary (estimate) - $65,952.00
- Family Medical Insurance - Covered
- Professional Growth - $1,500.00
- Fuel Reimbursement - $100.00
- Miscellaneous/Hospitality - $2,000.00
- K-12 Tuition Assistance - 20% of cost
How to Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com by February 26, 2021.