Media Tech at The Woodlands Methodist Church
The Woodlands, TX
About the job
Media Tech - The Woodlands Methodist Church
Media Tech Summary
The Media Tech will work alongside their fellow techs to provide technical services to church ministry clients and guests. This position receives task requests and scheduling assignments from the Media Scheduling Manager. This position is integrated into a team where participation in all events and tasks will be expected as assigned, however, there will be heavy emphasis on campus support for The Church at Montgomery and The Church at Woodforest.
Essential Functions include
• Work with the Scheduling Manager to support ministry events on church campuses.
Strategic /Operational Leadership
• Operate an audio console during services each week.
• Transport and perform AVL system setup on a weekly basis.
• Thoroughly check AVL systems for any needed maintenance or programming changes.
• Personally perform basic maintenance needs such as troubleshooting audio/video signal flow. Follow industry safety standards in all situations such as working at heights and rigging of AVL gear.
• Maintain equipment inventory in multiple locations that requires diligence in proper storage, purchasing, and communication of additional needs to your supervisor.
• Perform duties that fall outside of the audio category such as running lighting or graphics for a worship service, building video screens, or assisting in a scenic construction project when requested.
• Exemplify the core values of The Woodlands Methodist Church:
1. Live Faithfully – integrate beliefs, values, and principles into professional life.
2. Love Compassionately – foster a caring and supportive environment where individuals feel valued and supported.
3. Embody Integrity – trust and be trustworthy, demonstrate consistency in actions and values, and respect confidentiality.
4. Offer Encouragement – Foster a positive work environment by expressing appreciation, offering constructive feedback, and providing support and resources when able.
5. Remain Teachable – demonstrate a genuine desire to learn, an open mind, and a willingness to put in the effort to improve.
6. Be Accountable – take ownership of tasks and responsibilities; consistently practice clear, open communication (verbally or via email), learn from mistakes, and seek continuous improvement.
7. Multiply Oneself – search for wats to be more efficient and productive; maximize impact and productivity, leverage the resources and skills available.
• Experience in audio mixing and AVL system setup.
• Proven experience in task and project management
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to perform under stress i.e., live productions and deadline driven environments.Physical Demands
• This position requires sitting, standing, lifting, reaching, and crawling.
• Reports to: Media Scheduling Manager
• Position Type: Full-time, non-exempt
• Schedule: Sunday through Thursday. Work schedules also include major holidays such as Easter and Christmas
• Compensation: Dependent on experience
• Benefits: Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 403b
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of this job and may not include all responsibilities that might be required of the person holding this position. This job description is subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of The Woodlands Methodist Church and does not establish a contract for employment.
Learn More and Apply at Christian Jobs Online.