About the job
VINEKIDS & YOUTH DIRECTOR
The Vine – Austin, TX
This is a part-time non-exempt position / 20-30 hours per week.
Partnering with parents to shepherd, lead and encourage children & youth to follow Jesus through real relationships, sacred experiences and generous compassion.
- Ensure personal spiritual formation to remain healthy, rooted, and connected to Jesus
- Plan, implement, and supervise children’s programs on Sunday morning
- Recruit, train, and consistently develop a volunteer base (including junior volunteers) as well as paid childcare support so that volunteers feel equipped, confident, valued, and heard
- Create or adapt packaged curriculum for each age group for Sunday morning including ordering and preparing supplies, as well as communicating lesson plans to volunteers
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Plan and execute special events like holiday activities for kids, date nights, parent seminars, family service projects, etc., as well as “smaller” gatherings like play-dates
- Follow up with visiting families and absent families when appropriate
- Ensure parents experience excellent service, communication and are provided with opportunities to be involved in the spiritual development of their children
- Oversee the volunteer background checks and ensure adherence to The Vine’s Child/Student Protection policy
- Build and grow a Student ministry to serve our middle school and eventually high school youth
- Recruit, encourage and oversee Student Ministry volunteer team with leadership, oversight, and refinement of program
- Other duties as may be assigned consistent with the rationale for this position
Characteristics and Qualification
- A person of deep Christian faith and a passionate love for Jesus
- A person with gifts and passion for children’s spiritual formation
- Experience growing a kids & youth ministry in a church context
- Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers and other ministry leaders to integrate the mission of the church into the life of our families
- Ability and desire to provide care and encouragement to children, youth,and their families
- Evidence of service-oriented leadership, strong initiative and clear administrative ability
- A solid working knowledge of Scripture and the ability to teach Biblically-based curriculum
- Experienced and gifted teacher, positive and energetic leader, with a strong sense of creativity and imagination
- Skilled in recruiting, leading, supporting and supervising volunteers
- Comfortable with technology, e.g., MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Reports to Lead Pastor
- Works in collaboration with staff, VineKids Ministry Team, and volunteers
Compensation and Benefits
- The position is set to work 20-30 hours a week including Sundays and must be available on Easter and Christmas Eve.
- The hourly wage of this position will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Performance review will be given annually.
Our staff gathering in-person or virtually once a week in standing with state and local requirements. Our Sunday morning gatherings also abide by state and local recommendations and include social distancing, masks, and routine cleaning.