Senior Pastor at The Village Church
About the job
Pastoral Search Announcement
Position: Senior Pastor
Church: The Village Church
Mailing Address: 2081 60th Avenue, Baldwin, WI 54002
Current Location: Woodside Chapel, 2311 County Rd N, Baldwin, WI 54002
Work Schedule: Full Time
Opening Date: May 15, 2022
Closing Date: June 22, 2022
Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3
The Village Church is a God-driven, prayer fueled community escorting people to center their lives in Jesus. We help people learn to follow Jesus with others in a community of faith that is actively engaging the world around us. We've organized ourselves around relationships rather than programs. Following Jesus is about learning to live with Jesus and learning from Jesus how to live. Jesus had relationships in three dimensions - UP with his Father; IN with his followers; and OUT with people not yet his followers. The Village Church is about leading people in their next step in relationships UP, IN and OUT. Our mission is to make Jesus the most talked about person in our part of the world.
The Village Church was planted in Baldwin, WI twelve years ago. Baldwin is a community situated forty-five minutes from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN. Known as “the Biggest Little Town in Wisconsin,” Baldwin is situated in the St. Croix Valley in western Wisconsin. Filled with small-town charm, Baldwin is home to festivals, friendly neighbors, and a wooden windmill in one of its eight parks. Twenty minutes from mid-sized shopping in Hudson, WI and around an hour from major metropolitan attractions, it is transforming from a rural farming town into a commuter community. This transformation is driving both rapid growth as well as diversity in the population.
We are currently gathering for worship at the Historic Woodside Chapel located at 2311 County Rd. N near Baldwin, with seating that accommodates up to 400. We recently purchased ten acres of land with a large home which is being used as office space and meeting areas for youth groups, committees, and small group meetings. We are excited about our future as we trust God to build His Kingdom through our faithful congregation and the wider community.
The Pastor will work in conjunction with church leadership in a biblical manner creating Godly practices with high impact to equip the saints to further God’s Kingdom. He will encourage believers to be effective in their sphere of influence. This person will lead us in living out our vision in our community and grow our church body as we seek to BE disciples and to MAKE disciples.
During the first year the pastor will work to cultivate relationships as we partner together in ministry. This will be done through an Up-In-Out approach. We believe this to be an opportunity for furthering the work of the Kingdom through the Gospel of Christ in the Baldwin area. We are looking for an impassioned, servant-leader who can shepherd us forward in this opportunity.
PRAYER: Seek and promote prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the church.
TEACHING: Prepare expository and topical sermons through God’s leading, a thorough knowledge of the scriptures and sound doctrine, and with sensitivity to the needs of the church. Ministering to the congregation from a belief that the Bible is the inerrant, infallible Word of God.
DISCIPLESHIP: Understand and cultivate the spiritual gifts of the congregation, giving opportunities and encouragement for the use of these gifts in worship, evangelism, and the building up of the Body of Christ. The expectation is not that the pastor of The Village Church will do the ministry of the church exclusively, but that he will build the capabilities within the congregation to execute the ministry of the church.
SHEPHERDING: Connect with the congregation personally and compassionately as we go through life. Provide guidance and wise counsel in life’s tragedies and triumphs. While holding Jesus up as the primary focus, help guide the church body to maturity in spiritual growth and godly wisdom as kingdom ambassadors.
OUTREACH: Leading the church to engage with the community for service and evangelism. Build relationships with local church leaders to further God’s Kingdom.
CHURCH LEADERSHIP: Providing vision and leadership for the congregation and all of its ministries and affairs. Serving as chairperson of the Elders.
STAFF LEADERSHIP: Provide ongoing support and spiritual oversight of church staff. Be personally involved in selection and supervision of staff members as needed.
ADMINISTRATION: Participate in the planning of the church budget in cooperation with the church management team in preparation for congregational approval.
· Be an ordained minister or willing to seek ordination within the first two years of employment.
· Pastor displays leadership and spiritual maturity as delineated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9.
· Pastor shall be a baptized believer who is firmly committed to the ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ.
· Pastor shall have four or more years’ experience in leadership roles in a church or para-church ministry.
· Have Bachelor degree in biblical studies, pastoral ministries, or similar field of study.
· Pastor shall have six or more years’ experience in the lead or associate pastor role.
· Have Masters or higher degree from a respected evangelical seminary.
· Seeks and promotes prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the Church.
· Gifted preacher/teacher.
· Demonstrates a wise and discerning spirit.
· Is a passionate worshiper of God.
· Demonstrates compassion and heartfelt love for people with a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
· Demonstrates mature balance of strength and humility.
· Exhibits a passion for mentoring, discipleship, and helping others develop their gifts.
· Is personable and approachable.
· Seeks to be involved in the community.
· Enjoys being in relationship with church family and is interested in the events of their lives.
How to Apply
Please approach the idea with prayer and if you sense His calling, we welcome you to apply at TheVillageChurchPastorSearch@gmail.com .