About the job
Position Title: Children’s Pastor
Position: Full time (Permanent)
Church: Mississauga Chinese Baptist Church
Contact Person: Samuel Lui/Bing Tang, Chair/Co-Chair, Pastoral Search Committee
Salary range: Starting between C$45,333 to C$48,107. Salary commensurate with experience and education. Employee benefit plan available, relocation package available.
Address: 5220 Creekbank Road Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L4W 1X1
Overview of Church and Community:
Mississauga Chinese Baptist Church is a disciple making church by reaching out to seekers, nurturing one another in Christ, and being an effective witness in Mississauga. Our church community averages around 550 people each Sunday across English, Cantonese and Mandarin congregations.
We are seeking a Children Pastor who has the passion and desire to lead and care for the next generation. Our children's ministry is a dynamic and an essential part of our service to God and the community. The role of the Children’s Ministry Pastor is to work closely with the Children’s Ministry coordinator (if available) and other pastoral and lay leadership teams to develop and oversee the children ministry.
This individual will be responsible for coordinating all programs related to children (birth to 5th grade) while partnering with and equipping parents to serve and build strong Christian homes. The responsibilities will also include recruiting, training volunteers for different children's programs, planning and coordinating children, summer programs and family outreach events.
- Models a Christ-like spirit and servanthood in relationships and attitudes towards children, parents and colleagues.
- Sets and maintains standards for nursery care and organization.
- Works in conjunction with pastoral staff to connect parents with kids and providing moments and materials for them to learn and grow together.
- To annually develop and oversee the Children’s Ministry budget so it effectively and wisely utilizes church resources and maximizes ministry opportunity
- Develops a fun and engaging children’s programs for each child level and for various programs
- Trains, equips and oversees the children’s ministry team including volunteers.
- Effective recruiter for various programs.
- Trouble-shoot any problems pertaining to children’s ministry.
- Make any purchases and coordinates any tools and materials necessary for the successful running of the children’s ministry.
- Attends and participates in relevant staff meetings.
- Strong understanding and be able to train and enforce the childcare policy.
- Participate in outreach, visits, and counseling as necessary.
- Born again Christian with love for God, has a Christ-like spirit, and actively pursuing a deepening relationship with God.
- Must have been regularly involved in ministry within their local church the past 2 years.
- Passion to reach out to children and to see families grow in their faith together
- Must exhibit a servant heart and positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Is creative in designing and implementing exciting activities and events that are age -appropriate.
- Works well with ministry teams and able to work independently as well
- Interested in serving across cultures
- Has teaching ability, strong communication skills, and inter-personal skills.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of people-both adults and children.
- Is comfortable leading activities and events.
- Has strong organizational skills.
- Masters of Divinity and/or Bachelor’s degree in education or related field; training from an accredited evangelical seminary preferred. (Commitment to work towards further ministry/theological training is expected)
Nice to Have (but not necessary):
• Working knowledge of Cantonese and/or Mandarin is an asset