Pastor at The Maple Glen Church
Maple Glen, PA
About the job
The Maple Glen Church (Maple Glen, PA) – Pastor
The Big Picture
The Maple Glen Church (mapleglenchurch.org) seeks a pastor with strengths and spiritual gifts that include preaching, teaching, evangelism, discipleship, and a heart for worship.
The Maple Glen Church is one of about 65 churches in the Bible Fellowship Church denomination, which began in 1858 and now spans seven states and Mexico. The church began in 1903 and has been at its present location since 1965. Our average attendance in our Sunday morning worship service is about 25 people. Our style of worship is a blend of some classic hymns and some contemporary songs. The church is rooted in the Reformed Baptistic tradition.
The church is located in suburban Philadelphia, near Ambler, with a population of about 175,000 within 5 miles. An older congregation, the church has a heart for the preaching of the Word, missions and caring for the needs of the people in the church and surrounding community. It is a church that is welcoming, friendly, and has displayed good stewardship indicated in part by having no debt.
We seek a man with at least 3 years’ experience in pastoral ministry; an M. Div. degree or greater is preferred.
1. Preaching/Teaching: We see this as the core of the pastor’s duties. He should have strong communication skills and be able to exposit and apply Scripture.
2. Discipleship/Counseling: We see the church’s pastor as having a strong emphasis on discipleship, whether one-on-one or in groups; plus, counseling of individuals as needed.
3. Leadership: The pastor should be a “leader among leaders,” serving in a lead role in a plurality of elders, casting vision for the church, mentoring other leaders, and guiding the flock in growth and service for the Lord.
4. Care: The pastor will care for his people, being available for visiting of the sick, following up with visitors, and leading others in prayer.
5. Evangelism: The pastor shall model Christ-centered evangelism and help his flock to share the Gospel in loving ways.