Director of Volunteer Services at The God of Hope Ministries
About the job
The God of Hope Ministries (TGOHM) a nonprofit, is seeking a Director of Volunteer Services to lead and oversee our Volunteer Discipleship Program. As a discipleship ministry, our Mission is “To equip prison inmates through biblical discipleship for a life of hope and freedom in Jesus Christ.”
Job Description Summary:
As a member of the leadership team of TGOHM, the Director of Volunteer Services will have the following key responsibilities:
• To develop a volunteer recruiting program with area churches.
• To recruit, train, evaluate and make volunteer assignments.
• To communicate regularly with volunteers in the management of volunteer services.
• To oversee all aspects of discipleship planning for volunteers.
• To collaborate with the leadership team to develop and deliver training materials.
• To research and select appropriate teaching, discipleship and coaching methods.
• To interface with TGOHM President and Women’s Director.
• To plan and coordinate training events.
• Complete Job Description available upon request.
Minimum Requirements Include:
• Commitment to Jesus Christ and a high level of spiritual maturity.
• Agreement with TGOHM Statement of Faith and Covenant of Christian Conduct.
• A commitment to the vision and mission of TGOHM.
• A successful track record of leading volunteers.
• Able to teach and model the Christian life as revealed in scripture.
• Effective writing and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with sufficient humility to be available and teachable.
• Strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
• Public and private life above reproach.
• Administrative skills – able to follow through on details.
This is a full-time position. Must also be available as needed on weekends and evenings.
Market competitive compensation, with precise amount to be determined based on applicant’s experience.
Until the position is filled.
Submit a cover letter and resume.
Learn More and Apply at Christian Career Center.