About the job
The Chapel in Lincoln Park, NJ is seeking an Associate Director of Worship to lead services and help oversee our worship ministry. We’re looking for a passionate, Christ-following, strong worship leader who loves people, and is comfortable leading a team in a worship setting. Our prayer is that this person understands the importance of both corporate and personal worship, and has a heart for leading others in meaningful worship to God. As leadership, our mission at The Chapel is to see people Love God, Love People, and Serve The World; and it’s an honor that God uses us to do that.
God is moving in mighty ways at The Chapel, so if you’re interested in being a part of it, please contact [email protected].
Associate Director of Worship
Date – September 2023
Purpose of the Job - To help the Director of Worship lead and strengthen worship ministries at The Chapel. This is a full-time position.
· A follower of Christ who can give a clear testimony of their faith
· Possesses passion for a relationship with God through frequent time in the Word and prayer
· Has a personal love for worship along with a strong desire to see the congregation of The Chapel engage in corporate worship
· Strong musical ability, especially vocally
· Possesses strong interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
· Can recruit and equip volunteers to do the work of ministry
· Is in agreement with the doctrinal statement and ministry philosophy of The Chapel
· Has demonstrated a teachable spirit and a commitment to teamwork
Supervisor: The Associate Director of Worship is under the direct supervision of the Director of Worship.
Ministry Oversight and Role:
• Regularly lead or assist in leading worship services.
• Assist in coordinating and organizing worship services with the Director of Worship and other worship leaders.
• Take ownership of scheduling set lists for worship services.
• Assist in recruiting new volunteers for the worship team.
• Assist in scheduling and coordinating current volunteers
• Attend Chapel staff meetings and assist with special events such as worship nights, holiday services, team get-togethers, etc. as necessary.
· Communicate and work with Chapel staff on church-wide ministry tasks as needed
· Develop and maintain healthy team relationships with pastors, directors, and church staff through relationship building; attending staff-wide meetings/events as necessary.
· Maintain a growing relationship with the Lord that includes regular prayer, worship and Bible reading
· Continue to develop leadership gifts and understanding of worship culture through ongoing training, ministry networking, and personal development.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3617