Senior Pastor at The Center Consulting Group
About the job
Title: Senior Pastor
Reports To: Board of Deacons
Work Hours: Full Time
Salary: $70,000 – $80,000 depending on experience.
Description: The Senior Pastor needs to be a man surrendered to Jesus with a heart to shepherd the people of God. We are a church that disciples through the preaching and teaching of the Word on a Sunday morning. The pastor will also provide pastoral care for the congregation and leadership for the church as we seek to impact the community of Castile, NY with the Gospel.
Preaching and Teaching (50%)
· Preach and teach the Word and have oversight of church services and the administration of the ordinances. Provide a strong preaching and teaching ministry in the weekly Worship Service(s) in a primarily expository style.
· Provide preaching and teaching in other venues and opportunities, including social media.
· Mentor and assist the Discipleship Committee in the recruitment, development, and evaluation of teachers, and the acquisition, implementation, and evaluation of discipleship curriculum.
Church Leadership (10%)
· Work with the Deacons and other church leaders to maintain a Christ-like church culture, with a vibrant vision for the future, along with strategies to obtain it.
· Identify, recruit, train, and encourage leaders in the church body.
· Develop leaders to assist the Pastor in the ordinances of the church, as well as weddings, funerals, and other areas of care.
Community Involvement (10%)
· Develop and maintain relationships in the community so that the church can meet community needs effectively and in Christ-like ways.
· Develop and maintain relationships with like-minded area clergy for greater fellowship among believers and coordinated community impact.
· Guide the church social media program and radio broadcast, through the Worship Committee and other program leaders.
· Provide care for individuals and families in the church body and community through counseling, advising, and other pastoral care.
· Help develop the church body’s personal and corporate prayer life.
· As Pastor, provide administrative leadership on church committees, (per the church constitution).
· In coordination with the Trustees, oversee and direct part-time support staff of the church, (Secretary and Janitor).
· In coordination with Deacons and Trustees, perform or direct the administrative functions of the church
Learn More and Apply at Christian Career Center.