About the job
Title: Onboarding & Benefits Specialist
The Antioch Partners www.theantiochpartners.org is a Christian Missionary sending agency that was founded in 2007 and partners with local Presbyterian churches in the US in sending followers of Jesus to participate in God’s mission in the world.
The Onboarding & Benefits Specialist will work together with the HR Coordinator (and other TAP staff as appropriate) to manage the HR structures and functions of The Antioch Partners (aka TAP). Additionally, the Onboarding & Benefits Specialist will also be responsible for managing other projects as requested by the HR Coordinator or Executive Director.
Reports to: HR Coordinator
- Manage the application process for missionary candidates in cooperation with the HR Coordinator
- Manage TAP’s group health insurance plan in coordination with the HR Coordinator
- Manage TAP’s retirement plan in cooperation with the Executive Director (this will include resourcing the Retirement Plan Oversight Committee)
- Assist the HR Coordinator with other HR functions as requested
Status: This is a part-time position working in the Houston office (20 – 25 hours per week).
Review: An annual review will be conducted by the HR Coordinator with input from the Executive Director.
A deep commitment to Jesus Christ and God’s mission in the world
Previous experience supporting benefits and the on-boarding process of new staff.
Good understanding of general HR functions
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point (Access would also be beneficial)
Strong interpersonal skills (especially listening skills)
A team player
Self-starter with good organizational and managerial skills
Ability to work with diverse people and congregations
- Previous experience supporting an organization's benefit programs, on-boarding of new employees, and supporting TAP's office functions.
- Aptitude and desire to apply new tools and processes
- Understanding of global mission and heart for God’s work in the world
- Able to be flexible and anticipate needs
- Good communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to work effectively while balancing a variety of tasks simultaneously
Sense of humor
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work for this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.