About the job
Job Description: The Antioch Partners
Title: Human Resources Director
Summary: The Human Resources Director is responsible for managing the human resources structures, functions and team of The Antioch Partners (TAP).
Reports to: TAP Executive Director
Responsibilities: Manage all aspects of human resources at TAP, including:
- Active involvement in the inquiry phase for missionary candidates (Note: “Partner” is the term TAP uses for missionaries). This includes participation in the discernment process with inquirers (e.g., empathic listening, prayer, offering guidance, etc.). Since other TAP Staff are also involved in the inquiry/discernment phase, this involves a coordinating function as well.
- Guide and direct Partners through their preparation for service (i.e., explaining TAP policies, developing budgets with Partners, helping Partners develop their support raising plans, etc.).
- Oversee the Onboarding and Benefits Specialist who manages the application process for inquirers, and manages the provision of benefits for Partners and TAP support staff.
- Manage financial processes such as payroll, reimbursements, and cash advances (some of these functions are carried out by other staff, or in coordination with other staff).
- Manage and oversee BambooHR (TAP’s HR software).
- Manage the process of developing a memorandum of understanding between the local ministry partner, TAP and each Partner(s).
- Provide guidance to Partners re home assignment, sabbaticals, re-entry and retirement.
- Work collaboratively with the Member Care Director and Member Care Resource Team as appropriate to care for Partners.
Status: This is a full-time position and the Human Resources Director functions as a member of TAP’s leadership team.
Salary & Benefits: Salary is negotiable based on experience. Medical insurance is available. As a mission-sending agency, we would like to discuss with applicants their potential for support-raising all or a portion of their salary. If support-raising is not an option, salary will be fully paid from operating budget.
Review: An annual review will be conducted by the TAP Executive Director with input from other TAP staff and board members as appropriate.
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ, a growing faith, and a passion for God’s mission in the world
- Experience serving as cross-cultural missionary preferred
- Experience in Human Resources preferred
- Attention to detail and the ability to work effectively while balancing a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Self-starter with good organizational and managerial skills
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Good communication (oral and written) and listening skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Able to be flexible and anticipate needs
- Aptitude and desire to apply new tools and processes, as well as to explore new ways of doing ministry
- An ability to work with diverse congregations and individuals in mission mobilization and missionary support.
Other Requirements or Special Conditions:
- Flexibility to work under pressure with time constraints, and to work with interruptions
- Occasional work outside of normal Monday – Friday office hours, including some evenings, Sundays, and weekends
- Some international travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work for this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.