About the job
Title: Operations Coordinator
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for maintaining, improving and developing operational systems for The Antioch Partners (TAP) www.theantiochpartners.org in consultation with the TAP Executive Director and other TAP staff to enable TAP to fulfill its mission and vision.
Reports to: TAP Executive Director
• Manage key aspects of TAP’s operating systems, including:
a. Information technology (including computer systems and networks, secure data storage, secure communications protocols and systems, cloud-based services, and office productivity apps and services)
b. Accounting and finance (this is an oversight role working together with Frontier Fellowship (FF) staff to whom TAP outsources our day-to-day accounting and finance support functions, as well as with other TAP staff who are involved in TAP’s accounting and finance functions)
• Identify and evaluate new information technologies and operational systems that could enable TAP to more effectively fulfill its mission and vision.
• Interact closely with TAP’s strategic partners, currently FF and TOF (possibly others in the future), seeking ways to maximize collaboration through operational systems and creative use of information technology.
• Lead and manage other special projects as requested by Executive Director.
This is a full-time position although we may consider this for part-time based on experience. The Operations Coordinator will function as a member of TAP’s leadership team. The Operations Coordinator will work out of TAP’s office in Houston, TX.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Medical insurance is available. As a mission-sending agency, we would like to discuss with applicants their potential for support-raising.
Review: An annual review will be conducted by the TAP Executive Director with input from other TAP staff and members of TAP’s Board as appropriate.
- Dynamic, growing personal faith in Jesus Christ
- A deep commitment to participating in God’s mission in the world
- Experience with operational systems
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills
- An ability to work with diverse congregations, individual members of those congregations, mission personnel, global partners, and strategic partners
- A team player
- Experience serving as a missionary in a cross-cultural context (preferred but not required) and/or short-term missionary trips.