About the job
Definition & Summary of Position:
The Kids Minister provides leadership, development, and direction for the Kids Ministry leaders and workers as it pertains to the vision, mission, and strategy of all environments of Thalia Lynn Baptist Church. The Kids Minister provides direct oversight to all Kids Ministries (birth – 6th grade).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Kids Minister Include but are not limited to:
· Provide vision, strategy, and development for all Kids Ministries (birth – 6th grade)
· Provide leadership, direction, training, and oversight for all Kids Ministry leaders, workers, volunteers
· Provide leadership and oversight for all Kids Ministries including Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Wednesday and other weekday ministries, special events, camps, etc.
· Develop and implement a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families
· Work with staff to review, purchase, and oversee all curriculums for Kids Ministries.
· Recruit, train, pray for, and involve new Kids Ministry volunteers.
· Create and effectively manage Kids Ministry budget with direction from the Executive Pastor and/or Finance Committee.
· Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic childhood learning environments.
· Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide tools they need for spiritual leadership.
· Encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their Kids.
· Promote Scripture memorizing, prayer, and personal Bible reading
· Provide opportunities for ministry leadership, outreach to the community, and connection to the mission field.
· Function as the staff liaison and direct supervisor of the WLP Director. Provides management oversight over the Weekday Learning Program (WLP) as part of the Kids Ministry.
· Oversee Kids Ministry section of the church website.
· Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences as needed.
· Work closely with the Youth Minister to assure smooth transition of students to youth ministry.
· Work cross-generationally to focus on developing and growing family spiritual health.
· Ensure safety and security systems for Kids.
· Other duties as assigned.
Necessary Knowledge and Skills:
Professional-level skills and experience with Kids ministries. Has strong interpersonal skills. Is visionary, entrepreneurial. Gets things done. Think outside of the box. Has the capacity to work at either a macro level, micro level, or anywhere in between. Ability to lead, recruit, develop, direct, and inspire volunteers, setting clear expectations and instilling accountability. Is knowledgeable in office software, communications systems, social media, office equipment, procedures and process management, and personnel oversight management.
Have 3-5 years’ training and experience in Kid’s Ministries or in a related Kids program.
Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior. Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and daily walk with God.
Become a member of Thalia Lynn Baptist Church and embrace fully the mission, vision, and values of the church.
Have a passion for Kids ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
Have an educational background in Christian Ministries, Biblical Studies, or a related field (preferred)
Be reliable, take initiative, self-motivated. Give attention to details and strive for excellence.
Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
Have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers.
Competency with basic computer software (Word, Excel) and the capacity to learn new software
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2732