About the job
Title: Youth Pastor
Department: Next Gen Ministries
Reports to: Next Gen Pastor
The Youth Pastor wins when he/she establishes environments and facilitates relationships where students are led to take specific next-steps towards following Jesus.
- Consistently casts clear VISION for the Junior High and High School Ministries and works to execute it.
- Oversees all areas of TEACHING (weekend & mid-week), PROGRAMMING (events/trips), and ADMINISTRATION (database, assimilation process, follow-up, communication with parents, etc.).
- Recruits, equips, and releases a team of ADULT VOLUNTEERS to shepherd students.
- Spends a significant amount of time personally INVESTING IN STUDENTS RELATIONALLY, especially STUDENT LEADERS.
- Champions an INTEGRATED YOUTH MINISTRY and creates accessible opportunities for students to develop relationships with, serve alongside, and incarnate Jesus with TerraNovans in other life stages.
- Qualifications for church leadership (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, 1 Peter 5)
- Aligns with TerraNova Church Values, Beliefs and Staff Culture
The Leader We Need Is:
- Relational, gatherer, loves being with teens (and they love being with you)
- Team-builder, developer, leader of leaders
- Motivated, self-starter, resilient
- Team-player, humble, learner
- Strong sense of calling to youth ministry
What you should know about us:
- We’re determined to do whatever we can to engage our local community and help people find and fully follow Jesus within the context of the local church.
- We are uniquely positioned and equipped to engage those who are un-churched, de-churched, and otherwise “far from God.”
- As a staff, we live out the values of team, excellence, clarity of focus, learning, and grace.