Youth Pastor at Tacoma New Life Church
Tacoma, WA 98445
About the job
Youth Ministry Pastor
Classification: Full-time, or Part-time
Hours expected: Full-time 35-40 hours a week; part-time roughly 20 hours a week (extended hours during seasonal events and programs).
Tacoma New Life Church (also known as Tacoma NLC) is located in Tacoma, Washington. With over 35 years of rich history in the Tacoma area, Tacoma NLC exists to be a Christ centered church that strives to expand the kingdom of God and impact its local community with the love and compassion of Christ.
Our church is looking for someone who has a passion to see our youth come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, live within the power, grace and mercy of the Gospel and become followers of Christ ready to impact the world today, tomorrow and until God calls us home.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Sharing the vision and structural direction of Tacoma NLC Youth Ministry to all staff and volunteers to unite and grow this student ministry.
• Preparation and execution of Sunday worship: preaching, equipping bible study teachers, working with the youth praise team and whatever is necessary to help our students grow and mature spiritually.
• Prepare Wednesday night bible study.
• Youth Ministry meets on Friday Nights. The Youth Pastor must work with its teachers and volunteers to plan and execute gatherings and activities that will build unity and fellowship along with opportunities to the share the Gospel.
• Working with the Youth PTA. The Youth Ministry gets a lot of love and support from the parents. They are always ready to help in any way.
• Assisting with the training and discipling for Youth Ministry volunteers and teachers.
• Regularly meet with volunteers and Youth department teachers to provide support, care and counsel when needed.
• Pastor must prayerfully envision and build a calendar filled with curriculum and activities that support the church’s overall vision and mission.
• Traditionally there is a bi-annual retreat for the youth, collaboration to assist and operate VBS and opportunity to serve alongside of the church with local missions and overseas mission.
• Must be currently pursuing an MA in Theology or Divinity from an accredited theological institution.
• A desire to be a team builder and team player. Must be able to operate in a multi-staff environment.
• Must be able to legally work in the U.S.A.
• Embody the qualities found in Titus 1:7-9 & 1 Timothy 3:1-7
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Please submit the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org and the dept. you’re applying to
• Cover letter and resume; Statement of faith with testimony; Vision for Youth Ministry
• 2 Sermons (mp3 attachment, youtube link, etc)
• Three references (Pastoral, colleague/someone who’s worked with you and personal)