Junior High Pastor/Director at Sunset Church
San Francisco, CA
About the job
The Junior High Pastor/Director is primarily responsible for the care and spiritual oversight of the Junior High students (grades 6th-8th) as well as the guidance and leadership of the Junior High volunteer staff. Administrative duties (sending and responding to emails), logistical planning for events, and coordination with related ministries of Sunset Church also fall under the responsibilities of the Junior High Pastor/Director.
· Attend to one’s own spiritual well-being with God through spiritual disciplines, personal worship, and accountability within the church.
· Teaching and Preaching with the Junior High Ministry (JS) and occasionally preach to the High School fellowship.
· Lead/teach the Junior High Sunday School class.
· Create/find curriculum and help recruit and train volunteers .
· Build up and shepherd the volunteer staff.
· Help co-lead Youth Ministry events.
· Attend & participate in Staff and Leader Meetings.
· Work alongside the Children’s Pastor and Youth Pastor to lead and oversee the Camptoons Day Camp ministry.
· Meet regularly with the Youth Pastor to pray, vision casting and planning for future direction.
· Spiritually mature, submitted to the Word of God, and seeking to grow in the qualifications listed in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
· Subscribe to Sunset Church’s Statement of Faith.
· Completed or working towards a Master of Divinity Degree from an accredited Theological Seminary (for Pastoral role only).
· Provide at least 3 References from past youth-related/ministry experiences.