Director of Operations at Sunset Chinese Baptist Church
San Francisco, CA
About the job
The Director of Operations (DO) is a key leader on the church leadership and staff. The DO will work with and report to the lead pastors of Sunset Church to assist in casting vision, implement plans, and execute them, bringing vision and mission into fruition. The DO complements the lead pastors in administration of the church staff and daily church operations. The individual is expected to be a spiritually mature Christian. The DO will attend the Pastoral-Elder Board meeting even though this person is not an elder, nor a voting member of the PE Board.
The DO is the head of the operations team (OT) and leads the department of (1) Office, (2) Facilities, (3) Technology, (4) Personnel, and (5) Public relations. This person also works closely with the CFO on financial matters.
The DO organizes church resources and people to carry out the church’s vision and mission. This individual’s responsibilities include leading the church with Biblical principles, communicating effectively to the various leaders serving different ministries, to solve problems, and to motivate different people in both congregations of the church. The DO is responsible for integrating the church DNA into its operations and managing processes with integrity and excellence. The DO sees the big picture, is hands-on with operations, deals with tough issues, and executes the vision, bringing growth and expansion to Sunset Church.
· Fulfills the requirements and duties of a Sunset Church member.
· Fulfills the character qualifications of a Sunset Church deacon.
· A positive attitude, humble and passionate to build Sunset Church with excellence.
· Strong EQ and leadership skills and adaptable to a variety of personalities, culture, and situations. Strong communication and public speech skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required, MBA or CPA preferred.
· Strong people and administration skills, builder of strategies and systems.
· Demonstrates personal desire for growth as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-13.
· 5+ years of professional management in people, business, and finance.
· Strong operations and facility management background and ability to make use of information technology to improve mass communication and office workflow efficiency.
· Effective leadership of volunteer teams, personnel development, campaigning initiatives, large businesses, or government organizations.
If you are interested to apply for the Director of Operations position at Sunset Church in San Francisco, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com