Children’s Ministry Director at Sunset Church
San Francisco, CA
About the job
Children’s Ministry Director Description
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to the Children’s Ministry at Sunset Church. The Children’s Ministry Director will also be responsible for providing guidance and care to the needs of the Sunset Church children, parents, and volunteers.
1. Operational Duties
a. Oversee the weekly Sunday Children’s programs for children in Nursery to 5th grade.
b. Selection and development of curriculum.
c. Create environment, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
d. Implementation of safety and security safeguards to protect children, which includes coordinating background checks of volunteers & workers and providing safety training for the ministry.
e. Responsible for recruiting, training, and supervising all Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers.
f. Coordinate special outreach events (i.e., Christmas, Easter, Harvest, Family Worship etc.).
2. Leadership Duties
a. Prepare and deliver lessons/messages to teach God’s Word.
b. Equip parents to be primary disciplers of their children in their home.
c. Implement a strategy for reaching and integrating new children and families.
d. Lead and train Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers.
e. Partner with the Jr. High Director and Youth Pastor, to focus on gospel transformation and discipleship of the CampToons staff and participants.
3. Administration and Communication Duties
a. Help develop and implement the vision for Children’s Ministry in collaboration with the church’s pastoral staff and elders.
b. Develop communication channels to inform staff, volunteers, and parents/families.
c. Responsible for Children’s Ministry budget and financial oversight.
d. Oversee the Children’s Ministry webpage on Church website.
e. Promote and maintain ministry presentation excellence, including décor, cleanliness, and signage.
f. Obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid certification
Skills and Abilities
1. Solid theological grounding and ability to translate truth for children and families.
2. Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, prioritizing, and influencing a team.
3. Skilled project and event planning and management experience.
4. Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
5. Strong teaming, organization, and administration skills.
1. Demonstrates a Christian faith commitment; with a growing relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced by action and character.
2. Maintain a consistent devotional life of study and prayer.
3. A passion for working with children and families to grow in their faith.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of education, biblical studies, or Christian ministries. (From accredited seminary preferred)
5. Minimum 3 years of ministry leadership experience within a youth or children’s ministry. (Paid or volunteer)
6. Able to exercise appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
7. Must possess proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
8. Possess strong communication and public speaking skills.
9. Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating
relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
10. Must possess sensitivity to ethnic, cultural, and generational differences, and the humility to listen and learn from them to establish a holistic approach to Children’s Ministry.
1. Must fully embrace the vision, mission, and statement of faith of Sunset Church.
2. Meets the requirements of membership and continuing as a member in good standing.
3. Agrees with the Sunset Church’s Statement of Faith.
4. Willing to comply with Sunset Church’s Code of Conduct.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Lead English Pastor and Lead Cantonese Pastor
(This is a Shared Ministry of both the English & Cantonese Congregations)
Hours: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Salary: Depending on experience.
Benefits: Health, dental, retirement, sick, holiday and vacation pay.
If you are interested to apply for the Children’s Ministry Director position at Sunset Church in San Francisco, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com