Cantonese Worship/Music Director (Part-Time, 20 hours) at Sunset Chinese Baptist Church
San Francisco, CA
About the job
Sunset Chinese Baptist Church in San Francisco is seeking an experienced part-time Cantonese Worship Director who is responsible to oversee the worship experience including musical selection and arrangements of weekly corporate worship services and special events. The individual is responsible for leading, training and development of the worship music teams as well as coordination with other teams in corporate worship.
1. Lead and oversee music teams for weekly Cantonese Sunday services and special events.
2. Organize and plan for the administration of worship ministries.
3. Provide coaching & music arrangement support for worship leaders and team members.
4. Collaborate with the production teams: AV Tech, Welcome & Worship Teams.
5. Work closely with staff and leaders to carry out the overall vision of corporate worship at Sunset Church.
6. Be available to attend staff and other Cantonese ministry related meetings, as needed.
The individual should possess the following skills, qualities, and qualifications:
1. Bilingual in Cantonese and English, verbal and written.
2. Demonstrated spiritual maturity in Jesus Christ with faithful Christian faith commitment.
3. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field (or some seminary training).
4. 2 years of experience leading worship and developing worship/music volunteers in a Christian Church.
5. Formal vocal or instrumental training and/or demonstrated musical skills.
6. Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communications skills.
7. Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, project & event management.
8. Self-motivated and be able to work independently with the drive to pursue excellence.
9. Ability to work effectively as part of a team to plan and implement a cohesive church vision and purpose.
10. Ability to be flexible and work well in a changing environment.