Children’s Ministry Director at Sunset Chinese Baptist Church
San Francisco, CA
About the job
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to the Children’s Ministry at Sunset Church.
The Children’s Ministry Director will also be responsible for providing guidance and care to the needs of the Sunset Church children, parents, and volunteers. Demonstrates personal desire for growth as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-13.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Oversee the weekly Sunday children’s programs for children in Nursery to 5th grade in partnership with the Jr. High Director and Youth Pastor as well as Ministry Assistants.
2. Selection and/or development of Children’s Ministry curriculum.
3. Create and promote a healthy ministry environment, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
4. Recruit, train, and oversee Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers.
5. Responsible for managing Children’s Ministry budget and financial oversight.
Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
1. Solid Christian theological grounding and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, and ability to disciple and share the Gospel with children and families.
2. Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, prioritizing, and influencing a team.
3. Strong team building, organization, and administration skills.
4. Preferred 3 years of ministry leadership experience within a youth or children’s ministry. (Paid or volunteer)
5. Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of education, biblical studies, or Christian ministries. (From accredited seminary preferred)
6. Ability to exercise:
a. Sensitivity to ethnic, cultural, and generational differences.
b. Confidentiality, discretion, and sensitivity when working with children and parents.
c. Humility to listen and learn from them to establish a holistic approach to Children’s Ministry.
1. Must fully embrace the vision, mission, and statement of faith of Sunset Church.
2. Meets the requirements of membership and continuing as a member in good standing.
3. Agrees with the Sunset Church’s Statement of Faith.
4. Willing to comply with Sunset Church’s Code of Conduct.